Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Transmission Question Please help!!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NoId 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

This is my first post, although I have read other threads that have been very useful throughout the years in DIY maintenance, etc.

Today I was driving the car to work and all of the sudden I had a lack of power. The engine would go up in RPMs but the vehicle didn't want to move much. I was able to drive into a parking lot nearby. Once I took a lap around the parking lot all seemed fine until the next light where the problem persisted.

Now I am able to start the vehicle all sounds fine, and I can move the shifter, but it doesn't seem to be in gear as there is no power. I am able to put it into neutral and roll it. My vehicle is 2WD.

I see no leaking transmission fluid. Fluid is clean and reddish pink, there is no burning smell. Fluid level is good.

Does not move in reverse, shifts into all gears. I checked the linkage and it moves when the car is shifted in the respective gears. No check engine lights illuminated.

Is the transmission done? I am willing to check anything or try anything that you think might help.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

See less See more
#3 ·
No reverse is usually the sun shell. Not shifting in forward gears could be the solenoids, or controller. In any case, it sounds like a tranny rebuild is in your future. Make sure the place that rebuilds it uses an aftermarket sun shell, like the Beast from Monster Transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.