Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Wiring diagram for bose system

18K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RBD94 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a wiring diagram for the bose system? More specifically I need to know the speaker wire colors of the rear speakers because I want to add a line output converter so I can run my amp and sub. Is there an amlifier mounted somewhere for the bose system?

#2 ·
Just FYI, I found the bose amplifier. It's behind the plastic panel in the right rear of the truck. Also, if anybody ever wants to put a line output converter for a sub you are going to need to patch into the FRONT door speakers and not the rear. The wire colors coming out of the amp for the front are tan/gray and green/light green. I spliced into the ones in the rear first but there isnt enough signal(must be only putting out mid and high) and even with turning the gain all the way up on my amp it still was only putting out half of what it should. The front speakers provide the lows and are what you want to splice the converter into for a sub.

#7 ·
AMP bypass

On a little different note, if you put in a new head unit as a way to connect with an iPhone, would that bypass the amp? I ask because I put one in and I seem to lose a lot of the "power". I used a standard wiring harness converter and I'm not sure if I may have missed something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.