Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Tube Bumper

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  the roadie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If you found a fabricator to do the modifications, they would not be powder coated. You might as well find a fabricator that can bend tube and then you'll be home in one step. Teebes got a JK tube bumper adapted to his IIRC, but it wasn't cheap by the time he was done. What strength tubing is this vendor using?

Offroading is not cheap. Not to do properly, or safely. A $200-300 bumper is a decoration, not functional.

#3 ·
:iagree:
I'm mainly looking for approach angle while cruisin through the hills. I don't need a tube bumper that can take on a sherman tank...or weighs as much as one. In all honesty, I'm going for something that will make the front end more presentable without the stock bumper cover.

I love the idea of Mike's bumpers, but I don't have a good way of getting it here besides paying $200 for shipping. I've got a friend that lives an hour east of Indy, but I doubt one of his bumpers would fit in her hatchback.

I'm in no hurry with the bumper. I really wanna beef up the suspension and put on some skids first, but I thought I'd ask what people thought about the glorified light bar I found.

#4 ·
My biggest concern with that bumper would be that it doesn't provide fender protection in front of the wheels. Plus I don't see it really flowing with the lines of the TB. TJ's are very flat in front.

I see it says "winch compatible" but I really don't see much of a space to mount a winch. Do you care about such things?

Have you bought radiator/oil pan armor yet? You should have that before you even think about a fabbed bumper. The stock impact bar works fine in the mean time.

#6 ·
I think the eBay one says "winch compatible" because you can mount a winch on that front frame section of a Jeep, and the cable can go through the middle of the tube bumper...

Was my PM response to your PM this morning what you were looking for? If it is (basically just the center section of one of my regular bumpers, boxed at the ends, that you do the tube on), shipping to you would be around $75.

Mike

#7 ·
Yeah Mike,

Exactly what you said is what I'd be looking for. I didn't think you had access to a tube bender so that's why I was initially heading this route. If you'd wanna try running some tubing out I'd be willing to rock the first. Here's the photoshop I told you about. I might go back and rethink some of the tube routing.

I initially drew this out on graph paper. Of course it's not to scale. I tried to eyeball things the best I could, but the drawing shows the routing of the tubing a lot better.

I know this should probably be a PM, but I wanted to share the pic to see what you guys think.

I agree Roadie, that other thing is a joke...don't know what I was thinking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.