Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

HELP-No power feels like it's all plugged up

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bspurloc 
#1 · (Edited)
04 trailblazer Low power almost like cat plugged up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Trailblazer V6 2wd LT 57k miles rarely driven, first showed the same problem when pulling a small boat uphill and it only went 30 miles per hour but drove OK straight line.

I was driving up to Lake Tahoe the other week and the car was loaded with family and luggage. Went up OK not great but no real issues. After 5 days of being parked in freezing temps I packed up and was ready to go back and it started to run really sluggish going downhill. I pulled over and took off the air filter which looked really packed up with crap. I stopped by Pep Boys and picked up a new one, but it did not fix the proble. I drove about 100 miles always afraid that this thing will leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. So it started to really lack power so I stopped at another Pep Boys and read the codes that appeared and found P0495 so high fan. Bought some starting fluid and sprayed in the throttle body and started it a few times and drove all the way to the grapevine exit for a total of 411 miles in total. But that's where I had to end the trip and have somebody pick me up to go over the last 60 miles of up and down hills. There was no way this car would make it up that steep of a hill if it barely reached 35 going stright towards the end. For the most part it did reach 70 miles per hour, so i got lucky.
After I towed it home by renting tow dolly from Uhaul I checked the codes again and found lots of them:
P0495 High Fan
P1133 Control Fuel Air Meter
P0756 Shift Solenoid B Performance ..or stuck
P0526 Fan Speed Sensor
P0128Coolant Temp Below
So I cleared and drove around the block with lots of hesitation when gas is pressed and came back to one code:
P1133 Control Fuel Air meter
Some of these I think are by products of the same problem and don't really matter.
I immediately looked for answers online and found this forum. This almost feels like the cat is plugged up but there's none of the sounds associated with that. I read about the carbon dirt that causes stickyness so I'm trying to get some foam spray to try to clean all that.
So if anybody can set me in a good direction I'd really appreciate it. Help Help

See less See more
#2 ·
really does sound like plugged CAT.
My daughters was doing the same thing with absolutely no codes no noise just running with no power at all.... it got progressively worse.
an exhaust shop can test if a cat is plugged

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.