Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Turning off Stabilitrak

20K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  najohnson86 
#1 ·
I have searched all over this forum and can't find an answer. I have tried everything the maual tells me to do to turn my stabilitrak off Parked and moving. i even held the button in for my entire lunch one day which is 30 minutes and cannot get it to shut off. can someone give me a step by step instruction ob how it should be done i know it works cause im always getting the little message in my D.I.C that stabilitrak is active. someone please help me :thx

#2 ·
All I do for mine is simply push and release the button under your thumb on the left side of the gear shift lever. The cluster light then comes on telling me the Stabiltrak is OFF.

Don't know if there is any other way to disconnect.

#6 ·
I tried mine yesterday. One push made icon come on solid. This I assume is traction control disabled.

Or hold down button for several seconds and made an icon flash. This I assume is stabilitrak off. I did not have to go through the second step like I previously mentioned. I think that second step how I read it in the user manual tho.

I believe it is the same icon behavior when you goto into 4Lo. 4Lo should disable stabilitrak as well.

#8 ·
i have the D.I.C. and no matter how long i hold the button with my TB in park or neutrel i can not get the TC or Stabilitrak to shut off i think when i get it back from the body shop on wed im going to tear into the shift boot and see about that loose wire :thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.