Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

What is one thing you would like different about your trailvoy?

6K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  joey bonezz 
#1 ·
Self explanatory title lol

If I had to choose something different with my TB I might ask for a larger fuel tank. The 16 gallon tank gets me less then 300 miles on a full tank. Thats not bad but looking at my dads F 150 getting around 400 to the tank and my buddys Altima getting 400+, it would be nice to fill up less.
I'm usually not over a 1/4 tank though lol :m2:

So what would others which they would have done different?

#2 ·
I think they should have made a Z71 package, making it higher standing and tires pushed out a little bit more. And just a stupid one is the window controls. I have the 07 with the new controls where you have to lift the control up for the window wo go up. I'd prefer to have the older one where you push for up and down, really just like the look better.:m2:

#10 ·
the smaller tank was in the earlier models and even it was an 18 gallon tank..

so to say you have a 16 gallon tank is pure blasphemy :hahano:
16 US Gallons = 60.5 litres

I drove for three days on empty to the point I didn't want to risk it any longer... All I could get was 61 litres into my tank.

Thats 5 more litres than I could ever get into my sunfire?:rolleyes:

So Yeah I wish I had a larger tank too.

A six speed tranny would be cool!

And a better PCM that can handle boost.

Hmmm... I can get two out of three if I upgrade to a newer one.:undecided

Other than that I like it just the way it is... aside from the headlights on the Envoy.. I would change them to a slightly more squared traditional GMC look.

#15 · (Edited)
Tank size will not affect the MPG calculations. You are doing it wrong if it does.

To properly calculate is simple.

Fill your tank and reset your tripometer to 0.
Drive.
When you next get gas....Take the number of miles on your tripometer and divide it by the number of gallons it took to refill your tank.

You should have a 22 gallon tank.

#16 ·
If you have a 2006, you havea 22 gallon. 13mpg is really not unheard of. I do about 75% city, 25% highway and get 15mpg usually (unless Im really easy on her). 13mpg is not unheard of at all, these things can be beasts.

Now, if you are doing mostly highway, yes that drastically low (I drive hard and usually get about 18mpg all highway). Might want to think about cleaning your MAF if you are that low (and air filter of course).

#18 ·
Wishes?

An independent rear suspension (but not a stupidly designed one like Ford has on the Explorer with zero ground clearance). Driving once over a speed bump or railroad tracks (and feeling the back axle hop) reminds me everytime...

6 speed tranny.

Maybe about 4.0 liters displacement instead of 4.2-the fuel economy our trucks get is pathetic :hissy: Although I love the tow capacity...maybe the displacement isn't so bad, but does it really need 292, high-revving horsepower? The thing's a truck, after all. If you want to be the first guy off the line at the traffic light, buy yourself a Black SS model ;)

#25 ·
I think all the gauges are off, atleast mine is. Ive found that all year chevy's do it though (atleast the ones Ive had). I hit about 190 miles @ half tank (on gauge) but I hit Empty (gas light on) at 300 miles.

#27 ·
Sorry :eek:fftopic:

The DIC computes the range based off the average mpg currently indicated on the DIC. If you fill your tank and then reset the average mpg while on the freeway, when the vehicle is getting the highest possible mpg , then the DIC will indicate a really high range. However, the range indicated directly after an "average mpg reset" will be accurate until your DIC average mpg indication stabilizes.

Agree?

#29 ·
Rear seats

I have an Envoy SLE and one thing I have noticed is that if I lay the rear seats down, the front passenger seat has to be slid up quite far, too far for comfort really. Guess it's not my problem, I just drive, but I am aware of the issue.

The electrical system needs some TLC, I am surprised no one mentioned this yet. Why cant they upgrade the big three before-hand. Even without an upgraded stereo, the electrical system lags. Seems like it would be easier to just originally put in 4, 2, maybe even 0 gauge power wires, you know, since they have the vehicle completely taken apart and all at the factory.:duh: Just an idea of mine.

Fog lights.....I wish they ran all the time. I am sure I could change some wires around, but honestly, is there an actual reason why they just don't stay on all the time. :m2:

Center console lights in the roof. I love my lighting package, but it still needs something right above the gear shifter, Be a lot nicer than turning all the lights on.

FYI: I love my Envoy, I hope no one tells it I have complained!!!:nono:

#31 ·
The only thing I have to complain about is the design of the seats. It's not that they are uncomfortable but they are not really comfortable. It's kinda like sitting on a bench with a seat back. They should have contoured them more.

#35 ·
upgrading

i jus picked up a tbss 07 have lots of mods in mind did a few now hids hids in the projecters billet grills in front tailight covers red int lights changed all the dome lights did an ign switch jus put a new starter last week did a pioneer avic 2012 model 8k hids like to do a borla dual xhaust electric fans new rotors and brakes grantelli wires ign coil packs very soon also did a full kn intake lots to do b4 the car shows start did lots of work on my last ride but sandy took her away from me i built a fully custom 2000 jimmy at the sum of 90 thousand dollars and lost her in a matter of minutes now have my nw project to do in time:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.