Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

service engine soon/reduced engine power!!!!

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wcosh 
#1 ·
first post and first time here..i just bought a 2002 chevy trailblazer ltz 4x4.. recently the service engine light came on and after about a minute of driving the reduced engine power light came on. i went to the parts store and the codes where p1484 and p1481. i tried to have them reset but they came right back.. im guessing i need the famous fan clutch replaced? it doesnt make any loud noises so just want to make sure before i decide to buy the part and do the job myself. any help is appreciated ..

#5 ·
That happened once before on the wife's 02 TB. The gas cap wasn't put back on right. I opened it and replaced it. Drove it about a block, the light went out and took off like a scolded dog!!!! Just happened again, only it didnt' lose power. Gave it a tune-up (127,000 mi) and new air filter. Light stayed off til the next night. Took it up to the parts store where they scanned it and said the cap was loose again. He cleared the code and I put the cap on right and hasn't come on since.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.