Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

05 TB bose amp? plz help

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chevtrlblzr 
#1 ·
We have a 2005 trailblazer with the bose sound system. I heard of someone running a pair of 12" subs on a factory amp that came with their bose system, but my father swears up and down that his trailblazer doesnt have a factory amp. Im thinkin, if it didnt have a factory amp... when I had heard of another 05 bose tb havin a factory amp... he must not have looked hard enough.

So plain and simple, does the 2005 trailblazer BOSE have a factory installed amp, and if so where is it located? I had seen a pic of one behind the p/s panel in the back, but I believe it was relocated there.

#2 ·
We have a 2005 trailblazer with the bose sound system. I heard of someone running a pair of 12" subs on a factory amp that came with their bose system, but my father swears up and down that his trailblazer doesnt have a factory amp. Im thinkin, if it didnt have a factory amp... when I had heard of another 05 bose tb havin a factory amp... he must not have looked hard enough.

So plain and simple, does the 2005 trailblazer BOSE have a factory installed amp, and if so where is it located? I had seen a pic of one behind the p/s panel in the back, but I believe it was relocated there.
^^^that's where it is.

#3 ·
Okay so we now know where the factory amp is (I had fun laughin at him on that one) but Im guessing theres no preset terminals to add a pair of 12s, is there? Im guessing this amp powers the bass drivers in the front doors, would I have to tap into those lines or is there a better, more appropriate way to install? We want to hook up a box we have already, but we dont want to replace the head unit due to xm and onstar. Im guessing theres no rca terminals on the back of the radio for an amp, and I heard about someone using the factory amp to power his subs.

Oh BTW :thx

#5 ·
Factory amp powers all 6 Bose speakers, and there definitely isn't the capacity to power subs from it. The best option to add an amp/sub and retain everything factory would be to get an amp that has speaker-level inputs, and connect them to the rear speaker lines coming out of the amp. Alternatively, you can go aftermarket and still retain OnStar (by using a GMOS box) and XM (most aftermarket units have an XM option).

#4 ·
if gm had put terminals on the bose amp, dont you think they would put a sub in the trailvoy already?

no, there is no sub hookup, and i would be astonished if someone had a "good" sounding system off the blows factory amp. i do not see that happening.

#6 ·
Okay, out-there idea (just thought of it, dont judge me) If we spliced into the pre-existing bass drivers wiring from the amp, running another line and connecting RCA jacks to the ends. Just for the signal. Run a new amp getting signal from the original drivers and sending the signal to new subs.

Again, just thought of it as a hypothetical, Im definitely interested in a new head unit andhey may be too, but he mayalso lean toward a witing adaptor that permits adding an amp. (like $70)

Im just wondering if the theory would work in practice? Power the subs from a new amp, get the audio signal from the old amp?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.