Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Front Bumper loose...

14K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  AbuAbdulAziz 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was washing my Envoy today (finaly, end of winter!), and while cleaning the front bumper, i've noticed that it's moving... :worried: It seem loose, not well attached. I've looked and god, everything is plastic under there!!! No wonder it can get loose.

Driving around at night, if I turn on the Fog light, I can see the light trembling while I drive, this again tells me that my front bumper is not fixed tight.

Should I report this problem next time I visit the dealer? Is it fixable?
:confused:

#2 ·
Sounds like it's REALLY loose. Are there any missing plugs in the bottom gap area? There should be 4 plastic ones 2 f which whould be hidden by the plate number. You could also push the sides of the bumper inwards, maybe it's slipping off. And finally, you should also check the bottom sides. There are 2 plastic plugs, one on each side that hold the bumper into place. Keep us posted :)

#4 ·
ieatglue said:
Sounds like it's REALLY loose. Are there any missing plugs in the bottom gap area? There should be 4 plastic ones 2 f which whould be hidden by the plate number. You could also push the sides of the bumper inwards, maybe it's slipping off. And finally, you should also check the bottom sides. There are 2 plastic plugs, one on each side that hold the bumper into place. Keep us posted :)
Thanks for the information. Everything seem to be in place!!! Why would they fix the bumper only with little plastic pins? I bet it's the first thing that would fly off in the smallest front accident.... I would not even rest my feet on it!

I'll talk with my dealer about it, i'm still under waranty so...
:worried:

#5 ·
That's sounds bad. Well, try getting your dealer to swap it for a new one. Just say ho it might fall off and you might run over it and cause ingury to others from flying pieces of plastic and stuff like that. Try to get him to say "Ok, ok i'll replace it!" :D

#6 ·
Truckweb said:
Thanks for the information. Everything seem to be in place!!! Why would they fix the bumper only with little plastic pins? I bet it's the first thing that would fly off in the smallest front accident.... I would not even rest my feet on it!

I'll talk with my dealer about it, i'm still under waranty so...
:worried:

Don't dis those little plastic pins... they're MAD expensive! Like $6 each!

#10 ·
Check on the side of the bumper. Where it is next to the fender. There is like a small type of bracket/piece of plastic. My started to wooble after i hit another car( at about 5 mph ) then i noticed that that bracket/plastic piece is broken:hissy: . I'm not going to replace it b/c i'm putting a SS conversion so i might not need it. I f i do i just buy it but im sure its $$.

#11 · (Edited)
My Olds Bravada (2002) also had the loose front bumper problem. I noticed it most when the projector fog lights are on. I checked here at the dealer that I work at and GM released a service bulletin for the problem. Front Fascia Loose (replace front fascia pencil braces) #02-08-62-001 released on 08-05-2002. GM service information document ID#905050. The pencil braces are plastic support braces at the lower corners of the front bumper, they are real thin and do not support the weight of the bumper. They are bolted to the body and retained to the bumper with push pins. The new braces are larger in diameter and stronger to hold the weight of the front bumper. Part numbers for the TrailBlazer right #15184431 left#15184430 Envoy right #15184433 left #15184432 Bravada right #15184435 left #15184434. The braces cost under $12.00 for both braces and they do tighten up the front bumper. This is just for the early production 2002 GMT-360 vehicles. anything after vin:22375120 should have the stronger braces. When you order the parts they will tell you that the part numbers have changed but can cross the numbers given over and get your braces ordered. Reading the post I noticed that some people complaining about the loose bumper had newer vehicles. I would check with a GM dealer and see if a bulliten has been released for the late model GMT-360's. I will try and do some checking myself on the late models when time permits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.