Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

HVAC Mode Actuator

26K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Deity Emperor 
#1 ·
So mine stopped working, after reading here about it and using the method of taking the HVAC B fuse out, and not work, I took it out, it is marked:

HL 52402610
010030422A

Is this the part No.

Also, does any one know where to buy that ships international to Mexico city zip 08300?

It is a manual control.

Thanks

#3 ·
It is the door mode actuator that changes the exit of air from floor to front vents.

I been searching for both numbers with no luck.

#4 ·
Hi all, After looking in the forum I was able to find the following GM part numbers, can you help me define which is the one for the 2003 ls that moves the air from floor to front vents.

Thanks

GM 89018539
GM 89018525
GM 89018657
GM 89018675
GM 89018676

#5 ·
I am going crazy, which part should i order?? I have too many part No.:crazy:

Please, your help will be greately apreciated.

#7 ·
Well you were right, it is part No GM 89018675 and has to be ordered directly from plant.

Will have it by Monday and it cost $1,003.00mxp some $ 96.00usd

#8 ·
Hello all, I just got my Actuator, is there any thing I should know before installing it?? Tricks or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#11 ·
Well it is not that hard, 2 screws for the floor cover, 4 screws for the steering column cover, remove the floor vent tube, 2 screws for the Actuator, the mode one is the middle one, the closer to the fire wall is the defrost, and the closest to the console is the left temp one

Mine is working perfectly, but the check engine light came on again, I hope my scanner gets here next week.

#12 ·
Hope I'm not too late!!!

Hopefully your still checking this thread for late posts. It's been a couple months since the last post but I had encountered the same exact problem you guys were having with my 03 TB. I googled it and what do you know, good ole google came through for me again and found this thread. I cannot tell you how much this thread saved me a few dollars at my local service dealer. I'm currently in the process of fixing it now. I have already removed the actuator. I just had a couple quick questions for you since you've done it yourself and didn't seem to have any problems installing it.
It could have just been in my head but I swear something shifted or moved as I removed this actuator (middle one, 52402610) from its housing. As I admit, I have no clue as to how all this works (only the basics) but I'm gonna just take a guess that it was just the door opening as it was stuck shut? Hopefully so. I will be getting the part from GM in the next couple of days but just so my wife wouldn't get her feet caught in all the mess I put everything else back together for the time being. Just for kicks, I cranked it up to see what would happen and the air is blowing great out the vents which is really good for me cause now I wont have to hear her complain of no ac for the next couple of days. Hopefully by doing that I havn't hurt anything. My last and main concern I had was installing this actuator back in after I got a new one. Did you have any problems with anything not lining up upon installation like the gear or door or anything that I might have to hold in position as I slip it in place? I might be making this WAY too complicated but I wanted to make sure I did it right. Sorry to be so lengthy and thanx again for the really helpful posts. They really helped a whole lot.:thx

#15 ·
Similar Issue?

I think my issue is similar. I can't get my recirculate to work. I press the button but the air keeps coming from outside. The dealer says the motor is bad and will cost me $1K to fix. I'd like to do myself but not sure what the part is. Does this sound like it: actuator 4.2 LITER, FRONT, inlet? I found GM Part# 89018676, is that it? How hard is this to do? What does it entail? Thank you.

#16 ·
i don't know if that is the right part number but I do know from reading on here that it is the hardest one to change out. The entire dash has to be tore out to get to it. It is at the top of the firewall on the passenger side. You can not get to it from above by removing the dash cover. The dash has to be removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.