Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Blower Motor Resistor Module?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  framedforlife 
#1 ·
Hi,

My '03 Trailblazer is having a malfunctioning HVAC system.

The blower motor only works intermittently and every great once in a while it will turn on by itself (with ALL switches turned OFF) and will continue to run AFTER ignition is turned off.

From what I gather, it is on an independent circuit, so turning the key off will have no effect whatsoever if the module is not acting correctly.

The fuse (#35, I believe) is good, so that just leaves the module underneath the dash, correct?

I am about to go to a pick your own part yard and see if I can get lucky, but want to make sure I am getting the right piece. What do ya'll think?

Thanks in advance!:thx

#5 ·
Blower motor control module problem fixed!

my '03 had (still has) exact same problem and had the same symptoms prior to the fan dying. Just figured that it MAY be the resistor after checking the fan motor and finding its still good. New resistor will be in on Tuesday, will let you know if its the fix!
Replaced blower control module part no. 89019351 and it seems to work. Only bummer is you have to cut the plug that feeds the module and splice wires from wiring harness to new module. Purchased part from dealer for $108, Napa wanted $124 & Advance Auto wanted $180! Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.