Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

02 ltz console help!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ltz nick 
#1 ·
I need a new center console for my 02 ltz. I was in an accident and when I hit my friend was in the passenger seat and his weight ended up breaking the center console of of the mounting points. Also the lid lock broke but that's no biggie. I can't find a center console in a junkyard anywhere. I also looked on the net and can't find one anywhere. if anyone can please help me I would appreciate it greatly. It's a gray console that has the controls in the back for the radio and the heater/air conditioner and air vents. Please help. Thank you

#6 ·
:iagree:No real changes but there might be cosmetic differences between the LS, LT, LTZ, SLT, and SS models over the eight year production run -- just enough difference to make things more difficult for us. But I could be wrong.

The e-bay console looks exactly like the one in my 2002 but my LS has no rear radio controls. Since Oldsmobile Bravada production stopped before 2006 it is obvious the e-bay seller does not know exactly what he has. I would cross refrence the GM part # before I bid hundreds of dollars.

How damaged is your original console? Can it be repaired by plastic welding? When some mounting tabs broke on my console I fabricated some homemade "L" brackets and was able to attach the console to them with small carriage bolts. ( Used carriage bolts because they have smooth, low profile heads.) Take the square black plastic bucket out of your console and look around. The damage may not be as bad as you think. I repaired mine without even removing the console from the Trailblazer.
Good luck.

#7 ·
Pablzr. Thanks for the info. Every mounting bracket is broke not to mention the lid latch. I know I can get the latch for about $10 but I figure since all of the mounting brackets are broke I would just replace the whole thing. Using some plastic weld would be a great idea if it was just 1 or 2 brackets because you are right, I probably wouldnt meet to pull the whole thing out to fix it. But thanks for the helpful info. Expecially the GM part#. I didn't even think of that. Lol. Anyway if anyone knows where I can get a center console for cheaper I would appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.