Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1st to 2nd gear shifting to late....???

17K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  blautens 
#1 ·
My trans all the sudden wants to only shift really late in the rpms (has to be at least 2500 or more) but only in the 1st to 2nd gear shift! 2nd to third, and 3rd to 4th shift normally. Goes through all 4 gears firmly without slipping or anything. What the hell is going on!!??:hissy: Any help is appreciated.

#9 ·
We'll I called the shop... its open tomorrow. I have to get it towed. The shop is like 6 blocks away from my house. I called the warranty number.. They're gonna cover my rental car. Im just hoping I dont have to shell out any cash. I'm staying positive about this. I'll keep u guys up to date.

#11 ·
Didnt wanna risk damaging the tranny anymore.

UPDATE:

Took it to the shop. The guy that helped me was really cool. He basically told me he's seen this before with TBSS's :worried:... He told me that he recommended to get some upgrades once the warranty company gives him the OK to rebuild because he thinks I'll be back in 20k miles. That will cost me out of pocket. I'm not sure if he's trying to take my money from me but it made sense the way he explained it. What do you guys think? The upgrade basically is a Sungear encasing upgrade, which is made of teflon, and a valve body upgrade which costs 460 out of pocket. Any thoughts?

#12 ·
UPDATE:

Aamco called me this morning. Warranty is gonna pay everything cept for the upgrade. He found what caused the problem. Apparently, my radiator was messed up which caused and overheat to the trany. Everything in the front of the trany got hot and my torque converter ring broke, the front sungear broke and some other stuff. Waarranty is also going to replace the radiator....I'll give you guys more info soon. :)

#13 ·
Hmmmm...mine suddenly did that, too. 1-2 shift is really late, and it seems to shift easier if I back off the throttle entirely at around 2500 RPM and not keep part throttle at all. All other shifts seem fine (as is reverse). Fluid is correct level and smells ok, not burnt.

This started suddenly about 2 months ago when I was sort of forced (nasty traffic and bad depth perception) into hard acceleration from start when the truck was still cold.

Goes into shop tomorrow...no warranty for a long time. I also have a Vector tune (since 2006).

*Sigh*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.