Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Mods to my TB!! pics

11K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  FattyTBEXT 
#1 · (Edited)
Had some time this morning to get some photos of the recent mods.
Hope you enjoy!

Painted Black Grill Black Euro Headlights
Billet inserts Turbo city Rock-It Dual intake
Red Bowtie Most plastic parts painted to match the bowtie.
110k Miles.

Borla Exhaust Painted Taillight covers. Painted rear window handle
De-badged Chrome bowtie hitch cover.

20" ADR Empires AVS Bug deflector Rain-guards
Chrome step boards Black/Euro headlights Dark Tints
GM mudflaps Clear mirror turn signals
Painted red calipers

Silver carbon fiber dash trim kit
Blaupunkt Sirius Sat.
All interior lights are blue.

In the future:
Wait4Me Tune......This week????
Maybe a Subwoofer or two.
Ground force 1"/3" Drop.

edit: before anyone mentions it, my underhood light is still unplugged from yesterday.

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments.

I'll try to answer all the questions posted and pmed.

The dash I got off the internet a couple years ago.
Its one of the dash kits that has almost 30 pieces, I see similar ones on ebay. It also covers all 4 door controls and the overhead console.
Personally I am happy with the kit because it covers the parts I wanted and they had tons of colors to pick from and the price was right but overall I would rather have one of the "molded" dashs with the same options......

The grill insert is also off ebaY. It started to lose its shine after about a year of driving, so I sanded it down.
I may take the grill inserts out so the new intake I got can get a better air flow through the grill. If so I'll toss it in the for sale section.

The bowtie and engine parts I sprayed myself with Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint and dupli color clear. The rest of the red in the engine compartment is from the wire sleeves and tape. Its the first time I have been satisfied with my own paint job.

The taillight covers I got from ...................surprise, EBAY!!
They have a small slit down the side for the reflectors and a bowtie cut out for the reverse lights. I have seen these and similar covers in stock at pep boys.

As for the Borla, I love it. I researched pretty heavily before I bought it by searching the site and pming several TB owners that already had it; and I would agree with most of the feedback I found on this site.
The performance is great, the sound is not loud.
The look is awesome but the price is $$$$.
I like the combo of the CAI without the resonator/silencer and the Borla.
Sorry but I'm not the guy to post sound clips, but if you live around here you can check it out in person. Its the full catback system, $899 shipped.
Maybe if the Chi-town TBs meet up this summer someone can get some audio/video clips to post.

Jesse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.