Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Biggest tire without spacers?

67K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Blazin_Trails 
#1 ·
I've searched & searched & read & read & haven't found an exact answer. What is the biggest tire that will fit on stock 17" wheels on my TB EXT without wheel spacers.

#4 ·
I am looking at getting 22's and want to get the largest size tire I can with stock suspension. i have read in past threads that people have used various sizes like 265/65/16 (30.7"), 255/70/17 (31.1"), and 255/75/16 (31.1"). Is it the width of the tires that is limited or is it the height? I have also seen people use tires such as 285/35/22 (29.9) which is wider than all of these but not as tall. So based on this could a 285/40/22 (31.0") work?

#5 ·
it should be able to if the rims u get have enough offset on them... I was running 275/45/20s with no problems... there was ALOT room for more rubber, but I didn't wanna lose too much performance...

#6 ·
Most of the wheels I have been looking at are something like 22x9.5 with a +15 or +18 offset, but I think that I have also looked at some that were +30 offset if I'm not mistaken. I'm not really sure how all that works though.

#10 ·
I have Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos in 265/65/17 on my stock 03' TB Ext 4x4. They fit with no interference issues.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

How do you like those tires? Any pictures of them on it? You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the clearance at the upper balljoint would you?

Thanks again!

#9 ·
Defender, do you think that there would be room for another 20mm of width and 0.3" of height? I believe that both of those numbers would only be half also because only half of the width is on the inside and half of the height is on the top of the axle, is that right?

#13 ·
Tire FACTS

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

As for clearance, it is really close and I don't think that there is room for an extra 20 mm of width or 0.3" of height (or half of that). From the research I did prior to going up in size on another Forum that I am a member of, this is the max size that anyone seems to have gone to without mods: http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/forum.asp?527

As for the stock tire size, they were 245/65/17s. No need to speculate on my OEM tire size.

The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos are great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.