Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Tire Pressure Monitor Warning Light. HELP!

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  vball61 
#1 ·
I have 2007 trailblazer LS. and it came with Tire Pressure Monitor Standard. Now I have changed the rims and tires and already sold my original 17 inch rims and tires. I have yellow Tire pressure monitor yellow warning light in dash all the time , Its just like check engine light. Now from reading posts i understand cluster lights are soldered . But is this light soldered or its just a bulb? I am sure its not LED bulb because it blinks like regular bulb. I dont want anything to do with cluster lights, i am only talking about the warning yellow light, Can i just open the unit and take that bulb off? or something? Basicaly i wanna get rid of that light from my sight, i dont care about tire pressure monitor sysytem. Or is there a fuse i can just take out? My TB LS does not have driver information system. so that annoying light how to get rid off? please please Help me.
And i dont wanna buy new sensors and nor they will fit my new rims.
Thanks.

#3 ·
you went with bigger rims?
did the overall diameter stay the same as the OEM tire?
Since he said it counts revolutions- what it does is use the ABS sensor.
of all tires are the same size they all rotate at the same rate.
once the tire begins to lose air its diameter changes... so if it loses air, the tire gets smaller and this it spins more than the rest. the ABS sensor picks this up and signals a problem. so if the overall diameter is the same.. MAYBE you can reset it and get the problem to go away.....
I thought the monitor was like the one on my 07 Impala, where it has sensors in the tire, and sends signal via the remote keyless module. My sisters 03 Impala uses the ABS sensor method to signal an alarm

#5 ·
First off there is no way to disable the TPM system,and even if there was a dealer is not gonna do that.Why would you want to do that anyway?You will need to buy 4 TPM sensors which are the valve stems.Then you will need to have a dealer program the sensors to your truck.It is not a big deal at all I have done it plenty of times with aftermrket rims.

#7 ·
The sensor part number is 25774006. Be prepared to pay at least $30 each. You'll also need the nut which clamps the sensor to your rim - p/n 15825474.

You can program the new sensors to the truck yourself - the procedure is in your owner's manual, under "TPMS Sensor Identification Codes" (pg. 462).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.