Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Clicking noise in right rear

24K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  speedyskw 
#1 ·
I have 05 EXT today I ran to the store really quick and after about a minute I heard a clicking noise from the rear of the vehicle. It clicks 4-6 times and sounds like a winding then clicking again. It does it for about a minute then stops but after I turn the truck back on it starts doing it again. I peeked thru the slotted vents in the back and see electrical wires and a couple of black boxes really quick before I had to get into work I'm stumped anyone tell me what it could be that may oh had this problem and what it may be???

#5 ·
It's a failing recalibration process (broken or stripped plastic gears) on the airflow mode or temperature actuators or the rear HVAC. As WOOLUF says, it's most likely (from reports here) the airflow mode actuator.

If you're a DIY person, you can save hundreds of $$

Item #3 is the airflow mode actuator.

#13 ·
Roadie, I was having the same problem with my rear air and when trying to remove the actuator for the heat control I partially broke the gear on the flap.... :(....Question is, can I just replace that flap or is there any other alternate solution. Right now I am stuck with air always blowing cold on the rear......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.