Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Question about CAI and Vacuum Hose

10K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ieatglue 
#1 ·
Installed the K&N CAI on my 05 TB today. Only problem we ran into was that on the instructions step #5 says to "Remove the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator and from the resonator as shown." There was no vacuum hose hooked to the resonator nor was there any where for one of these to go.

Has anyone else installed the CAI on an 05 TB LS and ran across this issue? When you get to the end you have an open vent on the K&N intake tube.

In the pics with the K&N put on you'll see an open vent sticking out.

Thanks for any info!

See less See more
#2 ·
i beleieve those hose was at the lower right corner of the big black resonator on the bottem part of it... if i can remeber correctly... so check the bottem of the resonator and see if u have a small maybe 2 inch tube sticking outta there and then look in that same spot on the engine... sorry i know its hard to explain with out a proper pic sorry

#7 ·
i also installed K&N today

I couldn't find the fuel regulator line on my 05 either. My instructions said "if you have one and my kit had a plug to use if it wasn't there. I'm gonna go look again cuase I've got a feeling it could be a bad thing if theres one there and i missed it, but I sure couldnt find one.

#8 ·
I couldn't find the fuel regulator line on my 05 either. My instructions said "if you have one and my kit had a plug to use if it wasn't there. I'm gonna go look again cuase I've got a feeling it could be a bad thing if theres one there and i missed it, but I sure couldnt find one.
Ugh. Mine didn't have a cap with it. So the vent is sitting open. I wonder where I can get a cap. It didn't say "If" either. Guess I'll have to wait for K&N to get back to me.

Just curious, what was the model number on your intake kit if you also have an 05?

#12 ·
Your intake is on the right side, correct? It looks like your hose is on the right side. Am I looking at that correctly?

Either way, there is NOT that thing on the right side. The only thing on that cover is the hose for the crank case vent, on the cam cover.

(So says husband, I still have no idea what we're talking about) :)

#17 ·
Most of the things sticking out of the intake manifold are capped. I've got a line that goes to the EGR valve behind the A/C compressor. The fat hose from the intake goes to the breather like in the pics and the tiny hose connects to that metal thing right infront of the intake manifold :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.