Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Battery Replacement

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  filthyfingers 
#1 ·
Do I need to reset any features if and when I replace the battery? (2005 TB EXT LS)

I have not done it yet. I am concerned that the alarm, or security system on the vehicle will need to be reset if I disconnect the old battery when I remove it for replacement. I ask because on an older Tahoe I clearly remember that disconnecting the battery caused the alarm and security to reset....it was a blast...literally..when I reconnected it.

Thanks,

Jesse

#3 ·
Yup, put all HVAC controls all the way to the left or off, depending on your setup. When you connect power, the HVAC door actuators will move the full length of their travel in order to seek the proper positions. (This is why there is a higher likelihood of door actuator failures - the doors move farther than normal and if they are marginal, that is the time they will fail.)

You won't need to reset anything except the clock. Your radio won't even lose its presets.

#5 ·
My battery needs to be replaced soon. From what i understood from other threads, failures of actuator modes only happens when you have auto temp TB or does this apply also on manual temps? I have an 06 TB LS and wondering if i will come across the same problem?

#9 · (Edited)
No, as far as I know, the oil life interval is remembered by a non-volatile part of the memory of the PCM.

(Which brings up an interesting point that another member once brought up but we didn't discuss much - when one gets another PCM, with say a core program tune for example, you must then get the oil life that was 'burned in' to the memory of the previous owner. If this is so, then with a PCM change, one should note their oil life if possible and watch their mileage!)

#10 ·
Another thing you may want to consider is to clean your Throttle Body while you are replacing the battery. Over time the system compensates for the dirty TB.

The result of the dirty tb is stalling at idle when the AC is on.

You can do a search on here and find a how to. If you are semi mechanically inclined, you can do the project. It only took me about 30-45 minutes to complete it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.