Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Turn Signal Relay

31K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fj4072 
#1 ·
I need some help here - the other day my turn signals and hazard lights quit working. I checked ALL of the fuses they are good. I was told by the dealer that it was the turn signal relay. I went and got it but now I can't find where it goes. I looked in the fuse box under the back seat - (not there!!) I looked under the hood fuse box (drivers side) Not there! I looked under instrument panel - Not there! Can somebody please tell me where it goes??? The Chevy parts dealer who sold it to me - did not know where it goes - but dang there is a part for it so it must go some where!!!!!:crazy:

#2 ·
Flasher Relay

It's under the dash near the steering column at the firewall if I remember right. I had to replace the stock unit with a solid state one after I installed LED parking/turn indications in the front.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

#4 ·
It's under the dash near the steering column at the firewall if I remember right. I had to replace the stock unit with a solid state one after I installed LED parking/turn indications in the front.

I hope this helps.

Bruce
where did you get the new flasher from?
Yes, yes, where did you get the new flasher from? :undecided

#6 · (Edited)
Flasher Location

I got it from the Chevy Dealer - who was very hard pressed to tell me where it goes. I have torn apart the underside of my dash looking around under there near the firewall and still cannot find it.
OK, I will try to describe the flasher location. If you look under the dash to the left of the steering column and find the larger wire loom that passed through the firewall. Then look for the dark plastic piece that has 2 notches in it with 2 light gray tabs that slide into the darker piece. The flasher is mounted to the light gray (female connector that has the conductors going to it). Slide the tabs to the wider part of the slot and remove the connector and flasher down to where you can remove the flasher and install the new one. I will try to post a photo of the location if my description is not clear enough.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

#10 ·
Just went through leftturn signal hyper flash caused by a bulb problem. The bulb looked good but the plastic was slightly melted by the base terminal. The circuit board also showed signs of high thermal temps where the bulb plugs into the socket. It was replaced about six months ago. The Temps on these bulbs seem to be running too high for the circuit board materials. I decided to go to leds in the tail lights for the turns and brake/running bulbs which required the purchase of a led compatible flasher module. I went to Auto Zone and looked up their part number lm486 for a 2007 trailblazer. They can also order lm487 which is a heavy duty towing flasher. This Norvita LM487 flasher makes a louder click handles led bulbs and is cheaper than the other stores and dealer, USA made $43.99. You have to tell them to search for and special order this flasher, they got it in one day. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.