Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

not solved

[SOLVED] 
4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  okanagan 
#1 ·
my 02 Envoy seems to surge into power when taking off from a stop. It seems almost like it is bogging and then surges in power. I have cleaned TB and replaced all plugs (GM iridium). She idles very nicely and smooth, at an idle can barely tell it is running!
Any idea why the surging or is this normal.
Thanks in advance. :cry:

#2 ·
I would install a fuel pressure gauge on it and drive it while watching the gauge and see if it drops pressure. If that is ok, Pull the front O2 out and install a back pressure gauge and watch the back pressure, Could be a converter starting to clog.
those would be the 2 things i would start out with checking

#3 ·
drive by wire?

can anyone advise as to repairing or replacing the electrical for the drive-by-wire on the throttlebody? I think that this may be the cause of my surging and I am hoping there is a fix besides replacing the throttle body.
thanks.:undecided

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply and suggestions!
I have not replaced the 02 and I do not have any codes at all. The Envoy idles and drives great, just when press down on pedal it sort of bogs and then surges with the power. Maybe I will try the 02
thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.