A Step-by-Step Viper 5901 Remote Starter & Alarm Installation Guide - Page 12 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum



Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111  
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
redman0800 redman0800 is offline
Junior Member
 
2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Black Granite Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2
Question "Door Open" Issue

Hey...Installed my 5901 this past weekend. Having a few Issues. 1st...When I press Lock and Arm the system, I get a "Door Open" message on my remote.

2nd...The remote start works only sometimes. Sometimes I will instantly get a "Remote Start Error" and it wont even crank....until i tap the break. Once the break is tapped and I press the remote start button again it will attempt to start the vehicle. Whether it starts or not is a crap shoot. Sometimes it will work fine 2-3 times in a row without a problem, and sometimes it just doesnt seam to work at all.

I'm using the DLPKGM which I think is programmed correctly because there are times where the R/S does work. However, I think I do recalling somewhere that there is a "different" way to program this for a TBSS...Could this be the case?

I was wondering if the Green Door Trigger Might have something to do with it. I currently have H1/8 going to the Bypass. I was reviewing the instructions that came with the DLPKGM and they do not show the Door Trigger Wire being used....just the Ignition (Pink) / OBD2 (Purple)/ Tach(Violet/White).

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #112  
Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 AM
ScarabEpic22 ScarabEpic22 is offline
Northwest Chapter
 
not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: not on this site
Posts: 11,824
Having a few issues with my install, Python 592 aka Viper 5901.

First, I dont get ANY parking light communication from the Viper/DLPKGM during lock/unlock/remote start. Polarity on the Viper is set correctly. Do I need to run the parking light output wire from the Viper to a parking light wire in the truck?

Second, after 6 seconds of Remote Start the truck shuts off, then restarts, then shuts off again after 6 sec, then I get a brake pedal error on my remote. Weird because the brake isnt pressed and if I press the brake when the car is running on RS it kills it immediately.

I have the tach wire hooked up, should I run virtual tach (and cut the tach wire) or program the Viper for Tach or Voltage?

Im using a Bitwriter with v2.7, thing is amazing but Im playing with tons of options trying to fix these issues.

Also, how do you reprogram the regular 1way remote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #113  
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 AM
ScarabEpic22 ScarabEpic22 is offline
Northwest Chapter
 
not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: not on this site
Posts: 11,824
Figured Id update this to let everyone know what I did to fix these issues.

On 2008s, at least my SS, the DLPKGM doesnt control the parking lights (at least consistently) so I had to hardwire the H1/11 White Parking light (+) wire to the brown (+) parking light wire I grabbed under the dash. I spotted 3 brown wires, I chose the thickest one and it was the parking wire. Got lucky I guess! One issue down.

The start/stop/start/stop/start/stop was because the Viper was trying to learn the tach. Not sure why it didnt work even with the tach wire hooked up, but once I did the tach learn procedure (Start truck with key, press and hold button on the antenna within 5 sec until the antenna light comes on). Worked perfectly after that.

Still looking for tips on syncing the 1 way remote to the Viper, have my 2 way color one working perfectly now.

Also, I sometimes get a "Trunk open" alert and it sets the alarm off. Ive tried setting the Trunk/Aux output to OFF and Validity, both seem to work sometimes. Im back to OFF now, Ill check it again tomorrow.

Thanks again to Andrew, all of my wiring except the parking light deal worked the first time! I checked all of the RS wires, but some of the smaller ones I just read as much as I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #114  
Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
awer25's Avatar
awer25 awer25 is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2005 Buick Rainier
Platinum Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Figured Id update this to let everyone know what I did to fix these issues.

On 2008s, at least my SS, the DLPKGM doesnt control the parking lights (at least consistently) so I had to hardwire the H1/11 White Parking light (+) wire to the brown (+) parking light wire I grabbed under the dash. I spotted 3 brown wires, I chose the thickest one and it was the parking wire. Got lucky I guess! One issue down.

The start/stop/start/stop/start/stop was because the Viper was trying to learn the tach. Not sure why it didnt work even with the tach wire hooked up, but once I did the tach learn procedure (Start truck with key, press and hold button on the antenna within 5 sec until the antenna light comes on). Worked perfectly after that.

Still looking for tips on syncing the 1 way remote to the Viper, have my 2 way color one working perfectly now.

Also, I sometimes get a "Trunk open" alert and it sets the alarm off. Ive tried setting the Trunk/Aux output to OFF and Validity, both seem to work sometimes. Im back to OFF now, Ill check it again tomorrow.

Thanks again to Andrew, all of my wiring except the parking light deal worked the first time! I checked all of the RS wires, but some of the smaller ones I just read as much as I could.

Sorry I didn't get to your issue earlier - I've been abroad since August and have only been on the site sporadically (mostly b/c I really miss the Rainier!)

As for your trunk issue, I was having the same problem. For me it was only the "warning" level beep and only once in a while. If you wired everything like me, then it's most likely either the backup battery or tilt sensors sending out a (-) pulse through H1/7. If you can, try unplugging the tilt sensor for a sufficient amount of days to rule that out. The battery is more complicated since much of the system is powered through it.

I'm pretty sure it's not the glass-break sensor because that's plugged into a different port. Since the warning is "Trunk", I'm assuming it's a pulse on the trunk trigger (H1/7).

Anyway, let me know how it worked out for you as I may have to do the same thing when I get back.
__________________
PCM Tune|K&N CAI|Viper 5901|HID Lows & Fogs|Kenwood DNX9140 DVD/Nav|Alpine PDX-5 powering 2x Alpine SPR-17S & 12" Kicker CompVT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #115  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
ScarabEpic22 ScarabEpic22 is offline
Northwest Chapter
 
not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: not on this site
Posts: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by awer25 View Post
Sorry I didn't get to your issue earlier - I've been abroad since August and have only been on the site sporadically (mostly b/c I really miss the Rainier!)

As for your trunk issue, I was having the same problem. For me it was only the "warning" level beep and only once in a while. If you wired everything like me, then it's most likely either the backup battery or tilt sensors sending out a (-) pulse through H1/7. If you can, try unplugging the tilt sensor for a sufficient amount of days to rule that out. The battery is more complicated since much of the system is powered through it.

I'm pretty sure it's not the glass-break sensor because that's plugged into a different port. Since the warning is "Trunk", I'm assuming it's a pulse on the trunk trigger (H1/7).

Anyway, let me know how it worked out for you as I may have to do the same thing when I get back.
Its cool man, lots of people close to me were abroad last year.

Mine will just set the alarm off full, no warning chirp. Ill try unplugging the tilt sensor later today, hopefully that does it. Plus I didnt have time to actually mount it, so having it free floating under the dash might be contributing? If it works, Ill mount the tilt sensor in May when I get home and can redo a little wiring at the same time.

Hope its not the battery backup, that thing ties into way more parts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #116  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM
awer25's Avatar
awer25 awer25 is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2005 Buick Rainier
Platinum Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Its cool man, lots of people close to me were abroad last year.

Mine will just set the alarm off full, no warning chirp. Ill try unplugging the tilt sensor later today, hopefully that does it. Plus I didnt have time to actually mount it, so having it free floating under the dash might be contributing? If it works, Ill mount the tilt sensor in May when I get home and can redo a little wiring at the same time.

Hope its not the battery backup, that thing ties into way more parts...
Sounds good. I mounted mine so that may be why it's only a warning. It's mounted underneath the plastic step right where the bottom of the door meets the car body. It seems like a good place if you need one (the closer to horizontal, the better it'll work)
__________________
PCM Tune|K&N CAI|Viper 5901|HID Lows & Fogs|Kenwood DNX9140 DVD/Nav|Alpine PDX-5 powering 2x Alpine SPR-17S & 12" Kicker CompVT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #117  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
ScarabEpic22 ScarabEpic22 is offline
Northwest Chapter
 
not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: not on this site
Posts: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by awer25 View Post
Sounds good. I mounted mine so that may be why it's only a warning. It's mounted underneath the plastic step right where the bottom of the door meets the car body. It seems like a good place if you need one (the closer to horizontal, the better it'll work)
Thats exactly where I was planning on mounting mine, just didnt get around to it as I was troubleshooting the some RS and the parking light issue.

Also, I wonder if having the air suspension makes a difference. When you lock the alarm, the tilt sensor zeroes itself and allows 1 degree of movement (3 if you cut the wire). What happens when the air bags out back leak down a bit, thats going to set the alarm off I think...Ill play with it, might have to cut the loop and set the sensor to 3 degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #118  
Old 03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
awer25's Avatar
awer25 awer25 is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
2005 Buick Rainier
Platinum Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Also, I wonder if having the air suspension makes a difference. When you lock the alarm, the tilt sensor zeroes itself and allows 1 degree of movement (3 if you cut the wire). What happens when the air bags out back leak down a bit, thats going to set the alarm off I think...Ill play with it, might have to cut the loop and set the sensor to 3 degrees.
That's a really good point, and I think I still have mine on 1 degree.
__________________
PCM Tune|K&N CAI|Viper 5901|HID Lows & Fogs|Kenwood DNX9140 DVD/Nav|Alpine PDX-5 powering 2x Alpine SPR-17S & 12" Kicker CompVT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #119  
Old 07-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Cigarette33 Cigarette33 is offline
Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the lake in Ohio
Posts: 119
Missing some pics there... Not sure if they were important or not, but figured I'd tell ya...
__________________
LOUDEST TRAILVOY ON THE PLANET SITTING ON BAGS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #120  
Old 07-25-2011, 05:06 PM
MoD MoD is offline
Junior Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
WHITE 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Foley, Alabama
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarette33 View Post
Missing some pics there... Not sure if they were important or not, but figured I'd tell ya...
Yes- I was going to mention this as well.

Just picked up a unit, and getting ready to install. Wanted to ask if those missing pics are available somewhere else still?

Thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
viper remote start 5901

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Sponsors

Advertising Info

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiasts - Copyright 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed