Spare Tire Winch replacement - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Tires

Tires Tires

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:02 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Spare Tire Winch replacement

Any thoughts on where the best place is to get a replacement winch for a 2003 Trailblazer LT EXT?

I have read many of your posts about the spare tire winch. I had a terrible time getting my spare tire off, and ended up cutting off the end of the cable to free it. Now that I got the winch off of the car, I found that it is beyond repair as the cable got wrapped around the pulley and the plastic housing is broken into many pieces. I have looked around on some sponsor Web sites but haven't found a replacement yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_boy_333 View Post
I have looked around on some sponsor Web sites but haven't found a replacement yet. Any help would be appreciated.
I found the winch on GMpartsdirect.com
List Price:$112.15 Their price:$68.82

It's listed under "rear body & floor" in the catalog.

Hope this helps
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Red face spare tire winch

looking for spare tire winch for 2003 gmc envoy and need to ships in canada
like to know were to locate one if anyone know how and were to find one of those please reply to normand_305@yahoo.com

ps new or good used one too
Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Contact one of the off-roaders who no longer uses stock size spare. I've already donated mine to my brother in law... who's broke.

OffRoadTB.com
Old 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Or buy from parts4chevys.com. I think they ship.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:01 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
2006 T/Blazer EXT spare tire

No good deed goes unpunished.

I decided to check the air in my spare this morning. After 2.5 hours the spare is in the garage and the spare tire carrier is in the garbage.

After reading the owner’s manual and cranking down the spare tire. It kept jamming every half inch or so. Finally by going up and back down again, I got it low enough to remove.

Yes, it was low, about 21 psi. So I pumped it up to 35. It was filthy and badly corroded from dirt roads and road salt. I power washed it to remove the poultice.

I greased the retrieval cable and tried to crank it back up, but nothing happened. The cable is almost on the ground and the spare won’t go up.

So I removed the entire spare carrier from the frame. Two of the three j-nuts holding it broke. Liquid Wrench and vise-grips got out all the pieces. The retrieval reel had jammed and literally broke apart (the housing is mostly plastic. The entire mechanism will have to be replaced (no doubt a $100 part at the dealer). The cable was buckled.

Currently contemplating driving with no spare. Just a couple of cans of fix-a-flat or a call for a tow truck.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:54 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
spare tire winch

exact same problem as Trail Boy 333
If you drive in winter weather and salt, better plan to remove your spare and grease the cable frequently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.