Low Oil Pressure - Stop Engine - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Silver Mist Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Low Oil Pressure - Stop Engine

Dear Tech and owners , hope you are fine !

i have 2002 Envoy 4WD,Today got a message ( Low Oil Pressure - Stop Engine ) ,
opened the hood , and heard a tapping /Knocking sound that come and go !
Oil Level is within range, no leak.

could it be the Oil pressure sensor ! or as i already hear the tapping it means that i have definitely other issues like ,
- Pump
- clogged Screen

how to figure it our !

it it possible to clean the screen without removing the pan ?
is it easy to change the pump !

Look forward to your nice inputs !

Best Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
What does the gauge read?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:36 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
hi jason , actually when this happened it was reading Zero , i stopped the engine and after a while started it again it went to normal but alternating to high when accelerating , i was planning travel but changed my plan , as i heard a knocking / tapping from upper side of the engine .
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
If the oil was changed regularly then the screen is likely clean and not an issue.

The only thing for DIY is to replace the pressure sensor. Other than this I am afraid it is the task for the professionals.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
thanks for your reply , usually changing the oil on 2000 miles , was using Mobil 20W50 this is common in Saudi Arabia ,
i just changed the Oil and oil Filter,and used 10W40 on a hope that thinner oil may somehow help to open clogged screen , not sure it this makes a sense but trying anything before i go for opening the oil pan option which i guess not so easy with 4WD.

now trying to hear the tapping , but is no longer heard at least so far few hours after changing the oil and filter.

was unable to determine the exact location of the Oil pressure sensor , but found some sensors around the filter that the wires was full of oil perhaps due a possible to leaking in the area , cleaned them , blown them with compressed Air.

a free tech advice ! told me not worry about the oil pressure getting high while accelerating ,as their is a bypass valves that reliefs the oil pressure once it got higher than the max. allowable level . at least it indicates that the pump is not the issue .

And asked me to use the car and carefully monitor the gauge and sound for few days !

am about to travel 500 miles but will not trust the engine till i monitor it for .......

however will let you know ! Best Regards
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali XL
Liquid Silver Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
hey the same just happened to me about an hour ago and i'll be looking in to it in the next week as i dont need the SUV for the next while and my wife can use my truck and i have to fix my brother inlaws titan thing died on him 2 days ago and he needs it fixed before his wifes days off end blah blah blah oh yeah plus my day job :-l
Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 AM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Dear blackblur , looks you have a lot of fixes to do , in my case have changed the filter since then the gauge is on the middle about / normal , but noticed that it is increasing at higher RPMs . not sure of this is normal !

i came to know that recently fake duplicate filters is being sold to the oil and Tyre repair shops and i usually change oil at those shops not the dealer , so i have to consider buying filters from the dealer to avoid such case ,

my guess is that the Engine oil pump is a not easy to worn part so have to look into other issues before suspecting the pump or considering to change the pump ! Best regards.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:42 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Mjouda,i had this same problem a month back,now a days i don't see any message,by the way try to change your oil in Naft station petromin they are very prof people.
you will get all genuine parts there and once in a while try to do the engine flush,they do it there.
hope this will solve your problem
Advertisement

Tags
low oil pressure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.