Once again, the TrailVoy forum has saved me hundreds of dollars.
I replaced the resistor 2 years ago when I lost speeds 1-3 on my a/c.
7 days ago, the a/c quit blowing on all speeds. It would work for a few seconds and quit for a day or two. Then work for a few seconds and quit again.
After removing the blower motor, I found two halves of a pecan hull, several dead leaves and some chewed up insulation.
I also removed the vent tube from the motor housing and used compressed air to blow out all the gunk, cleaned the armature with a pencil eraser and adjusted the brushes best I could.
Reinstalled the blower motor and started my TB.
To my surprise, the blower worked on all 5 speeds.
Took a total of 30 minutes including the cleaning and reinstall.
Thanks again to ALL contributors to this forum.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App