4.2L Headers - Page 11 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Exhaust Mods

Exhaust Mods Performance Exhaust Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM

2004 Chevy Trailblazer SSi
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Thats pretty good #'s. Marshall how was the check engine? With just the headers did it have the check engine light on? And if it did with your tune does it fix that? I dont want to have inpection problems here in NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Very nice increase! Well done Kooks!

novajoe, you probably have mentioned what you have done before, but could you recap any and all mods you have on the truck as it sits now? It would be nice to reference what you have on the truck in a post close to the dyno chart so people don't spend much time looking for the info.

Thanks!

And again, well done Kooks!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 PM

1987 Non-GMT360 Other
n/a 4.2L I6 2WD
Is the smoothing value the same for all three runs?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I would like to thank everyone who has helped out with this project. This would include the staff at Kooks and PCM of NC. I got the truck back from Kooks Tuesday night and you could tell right away that the motor was breathing better. If you floored it it came to life and had no hesitation, and the sound real didn't change that much (a little deeper). The first day it took a little bit for the computer to learn the headers but after 100 miles it was getting happy. Then this morning I dropped it off at PCM of NC and they worked their magic. The numbers are great but the seat of the pants meter put a smile on my face. I now have just over 250 miles on the new headers and even with being aggressive and having some fun (higher than normal rear tread wear) I still average 16.9 MPG. I expect it to be much higher once I return to normal driving and repeat a couple month average. I will say that this system is worth the investment. You will never have a cracked manifold, better looks and performance too. I anyone in the Charlotte area want to see it in person please let me know.

I will also be adding the E-fan setup from PCM of NC in the near future ( I got a look at it today and I think it would be a shame not to add it to the mods on the TB)
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by palitoiii View Post
Thats pretty good #'s. Marshall how was the check engine? With just the headers did it have the check engine light on? And if it did with your tune does it fix that? I dont want to have inpection problems here in NY.
After the tune there is no light and I asked about inspections as we have testing here in NC and i was told that after the relearn it will pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown4pt3 View Post
novajoe, you probably have mentioned what you have done before, but could you recap any and all mods you have on the truck as it sits now? It would be nice to reference what you have on the truck in a post close to the dyno chart so people don't spend much time looking for the info.

Thanks!

And again, well done Kooks!

The mods list is very simple. NONE! This trail blazer was bone stock. This was the first mod. This is my wifes daily driver, but I can tell you after she drove it with the headers she now has the mod bug. I now have a to do list for her truck! LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM

2006 Chevy TBSS
White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by limequat View Post
Is the smoothing value the same for all three runs?
As far as I know. Can you even select different smoothing for separate dyno runs??
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XUV
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
So is the system your selling going to replace my original Catalytic converter also? or do I still need a new catalytic converter since I believe mine is plugged.

I called and was quoted a price of $700 and guarenteed 20+ hp gain without retune. Will the price remain the same with only a 10 HP gain without retune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooks Headers View Post
System is complete Joe's truck was running today.

Drew Amitrano
Sales & Tech Representative
Kook's Custom Headers
141 Advantage Place
Statesville, NC 28677
Phone - (704) 768-2288 x218
Fax - (704) 768-2266
Email - drew@kookscustomheaders.com
Web - www.kookscustomheaders.com
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM

1951 GMC 3100 PU Truck
hot rod black turbo'ed 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUVFISCH View Post
So is the system your selling going to replace my original Catalytic converter also? or do I still need a new catalytic converter since I believe mine is plugged.

I called and was quoted a price of $700 and guarenteed 20+ hp gain without retune. Will the price remain the same with only a 10 HP gain without retune.
Dude go look at the pictures, your answer is there..

Why would you think the price of the part would change with HP change? The tune is completely separate from the exhaust changes.. The cost to make it does not change ..
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XUV
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Thanks, But I was hoping Drew would answer my questions since he is selling it.... also would it be the same fit for the XUV model?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 PM

2007 Chevy Other
custom 4.2L I6 2WD
I noted the tune lowered TQ with headers. Could this be changed to maintain the lower TQ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.