Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Eight-Beam Setup...

17K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  shinyboat 
#1 ·
Eight-Beam Setup and remote switch pannel completed today!! Thanks to Tommy for the idea of the remote pannel. Also thanks to Erik for the wiring diagrams and correct wires to splice.

The left switch replaced the crappy underdash one i had been using before.(for the aftermarket fog lights at the bottom) The right switch is for the highbeams and it works regardless of the stock highbeam switch (that is still fully functional).

Also as long as you have access to the remote panel, the bottom fog lights and the highbeams can be turned on and off at any time. (even without keys in the ignition!)

EDIT- One more pic.

See less See more
#21 ·
Crossroader said:
WOW! :eek: Blinds me just looking at the pics - can't imagine having them shine in my face! :crazy:

Blown any fuses, relays, or alternators yet? :cool:

Edit: heck, you should be out at the airport helping the pilots come in! :)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Kelvyn, how about some back-up fogs, like the one in the articles section :undecided

#24 ·
Thanks guys :D

I have some pics of my crazy wire management skills!! Also we got the trans cooler installed today (you can see it in some pics), so I had to move the LED pods.

Unfortunately the trans temp gauge couldn't be installed because the test port was too short for the sensor.
Also i spent 2 hours doing a complete interior vacuum/leather clean. Tomorrow i need to do the dash and controls. We leave camping for two weeks on wed.

#25 ·
LOL you're more prepared than when NASA wants to send a shuttle to space :crazy: The pods looks better where you installed them now. What do you use to clean your leather? Meguiar's® Rich Leather Cleaning Solution, good stuff and smells like bubble gum :drool: Sometimes i feel like eating the leather :eek:

#26 ·
ieatglue said:
LOL you're more prepared than when NASA wants to send a shuttle to space :crazy: The pods looks better where you installed them now. What do you use to clean your leather? Meguiar's® Rich Leather Cleaning Solution, good stuff and smells like bubble gum :drool: Sometimes i feel like eating the leather :eek:
I use that, and microfiber towels. I use armor all leather wipes for spills etc, but i don't recommend them for full seats because they make the seats WAY too slippery afterwards.

EDIT- Heres two night shots of the new led pod locations. They are slightly misallined, and i dont have time to fix em before we leave wed. so they have to wait till we come back.

Also the black trans cooler on the pass. side is blocking out some of the light, and making it look uneven. Mabie i'll buy another two and mount them somewhere else for more light :undecided (when we get back ofcorse)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.