Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Oil Pressure Sensor location

31K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Povozmojno 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone have a picture of where the oil pressure sensor is on a 2006 5.3l V8 trailblazer?

#5 ·
Hello all. I just replaced the oil pressure sensor on my wife's 2006 Yukon (5.3 engine). I was able to replace with only removing the plastic intake cover and the air intake (from air cleaner to throttle body). This required loosening three 5/16 screws (one on intake cover and two clamps on air intake) and four screws (air cleaner cover). These were removed to ensure they weren't cracked as I laid across engine to reach back of engine on the drivers side (right side) to remove the sensor. Location is directly under firewall before back of engine meets the transmission. I used a 3/4" drive, two 6" 3/4" extensions, ¾” swivel, and a Autozone Oil pressure sensor socket #25254 to remove the sensor. I will try and add pictures for location and to show what I removed. Took 15min max. Hopefully this will help!
Pictures as promised:
Plastic intake cover removed (one 5/16 bolt):

Air intake (from air cleaner to throttle body - two 5/16 clamp screws and 4 air cleaner screws:

Oil sensor socket from Autozone:

Driver, extensions, swivel, and socket:

Location of sensor when laying on top of engine towards windshield:

Another view:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.