Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Dual Exhaust Questions

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  flblack07ss 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 TBSS. I went to several muffler shops in Atlanta, GA. The shops told me it wasn't a good idea to put duals on because the pipe would cause the rubber on the air suspension bags to crack from the heat. One shop said the spare tire would need to be removed. Has anyone with duals had any issues with either issue:undecided? Is there a possiblity the shops are against this because they do not have the right equipment (mandrel bender)? Would it be best to get a pre-bent kit like Stainless Works,SLP or Borla?

#2 · (Edited)
Any of those kits is $900+ I know for sure the Borla and SLP Do Not require the spare to be removed. SW website doesn't say it needs to be removed, maybe someone here knows or you can call them.

The SLP Valance is precut and looks great, but it does not go on like a stock one, it's double sided tape which besides the pathetic sound was the worst thing about this kit.

I had the SLP and if you are looking for sound, it doesn't do anything. I could barely tell I had a V8 under the hood. I took mine out after 2 months.

If I was to spend money on one of these systems I would go with Borla. Then either cut my stock valance or go buy a True Blue Motorsport pre cut one.

So figure $900-1500 depending on the route you go. There are shops out there, people on here have had duals done without the spare being removed.

#3 ·
:iagree:

It is tight under there, but the prebuilt kits do it and lots of guys run them without any issues. Sounds like you dont have a local shop you take all of your cars to, Id probably buy a prebuilt kit and have them install it or do it in your driveway on a saturday.

I just chopped the resonator off my SS, sounds pretty dang good to me. Noticeable sound increase, only time it drones is 60-65mph under mild-heavy engine load (1800-2000rpms). The Magnaflow kit looks and sounds good, but its a single in/out. I cant speak for the Borla/SLP/SW kits, but I know a bunch of guys run the Borla and Stainless Works kits. If you dont want to cut your valance or want the stock flange on both sides, TBMSport's rear valance is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.