Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

transmission

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blazernut 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Back on Oct 14,2011, i had taken my 2007 chevrolet trailblazer to the dealership because my abs lights were constantly on and had an oil change performed as well. I go to pick up my truck they tell me i need a EBCM worth approx $750. I drive my truck for a few days and notice the charging system acting funny, so i stop at a shop he tells me to replace the batttery asap so i do this, amazig the battery turns out all lights lit up on my dash except for the engine light. Went to go drive the truck after it sitting all winter and to my suprise the tranny is screwed take my tralblazer to a different dealership and now there are no codes but they inspected and the transmission lines have coroded and cause the transmission to fail $4000.00 to have this fixed the truck is barely 6 years old. Am i wrong or should the first dealership have noticed that those lines were coroded. I cant see them coroding from October 14, 2011 -april 14 2012 they had to be in need of repair when i first took it in whywas this not caught and what can i do? Trev

#2 ·
They have a tendency to corrode especially in any of the winter salt belt areas.

Out here it is not as common. Ask the dealer if there was a recall or bulletin about the lines. :undecided

The other site may have more answers for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.