Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

3BSpec.com HID Group Buy 2008

Tags
hid hid drl
40K views 67 replies 31 participants last post by  lowredVoy 
#1 ·
Ah, we're back. And it's almost the end of the month. So in order to get things rolling, we're starting the group buy early because I know there are a couple of guys that are itching to get a fix in. We do have a fix for the DRL's! They are run as a PnP method, but will essentially keep the HID's on whenever the DRL's are active. These have been tested on a couple of Trailblazer's as well as an '08 Corolla and an '04 Mini Cooper (high beams). Anything with Daytime running lights, and these will keep them from acting up.

Cell: 832-428-2431 (Hanh, like Han Solo), available from 10am-10pm CST
Contact Email: hanh@3bspec.com
Paypal Email: sales@3bspec.com
Store: www.3bspec.com
Direct Link to the Trailblazer Page: Click Here

If you call from work and I do not pick up, please leave a voicemail. I will definitely call back, but if I call back and end up at the secretary's desk, I will not know who I'm looking for.

Coupon code: Trailvoy08

Low beam (9006 kits) will be $125 with the DRL modules. (Remember to check it off, as it is an option on the products page.)
High beams (9005 kits) will be $115, the DRL modules are not required here.
Fog lights (880/890 kits) will be $115, the DRL modules are not required here.

Combination Low Beam and Fog Light kits will be $230 with the DRL modules

Prices include overnight shipping for orders in the US.

We have been operating on a number of forums, including ClubGP, Scionlife, Honda-Tech, Maxima.org but, and ClubScionTC, so if anyone is wondering about credentials, that's where they are :)

Orders are on a first come, first serve basis. If you absolutely need something, call me (832-428-2431) and I'll check to make sure it's in stock. If something is backordered, they are filled in the order they come in. We typically stock between 350-500 kits, with orders coming in weekly. So if something is out of stock, it's rarely longer than a week.

All single beam kits come with:
(2) Bulbs
(2) Ballast
(1) Relay Harness (This is now optional, you can choose to order it with the kit at no additional cost)

Optional are:
  • Direct connectors (free with order upon request)
  • Slim 35w ballasts upgrade (+$20)
  • 50w ballasts upgrade (+$15)
  • Custom color upgrades (+$10, typical turn around time of 2 weeks, if not in stock)

Shipping Policy:
We ship everything UPS overnight. Any order paid for before 2pm CST, goes out the same day unless it is out of stock. Between the hours of 2pm-5pm CST, we try our hardest to get it out on time, but we can't guarantee anything.

If you absolutely must have something by the weekend, call my number to verify stock and order on a Wednesday. Do not wait till Friday thinking it will arrive Saturday. UPS charges roughly $40 for Saturday deliveries.

If it is a PO box or international order then we use USPS Priority Mail (unfortunately USPS costs have gone up this year). I'll be up front about my post office trips, I'm the only one in the warehouse during the day and slower to get to the post office than I am UPS. But I try my best to get there before the end of the week.

Warranty Policy:
1 Year, effective the day your order ships. The most we will ever ask you to do is swap the ballasts or the bulbs to verify which part is actually defective.

Available Bulb Sizes:
H1, H3, H4/9003, H6, H7, H10/9145, H11, H13/9008
9003, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9008
H8 and H9 are available but will typically take 2 weeks.
Available Temperatures/Colors
  • 3000k (OEM Yellow): 3600 lumens
  • 4300k (OEM White/Slight halogen yellow tint): 3100 lumens
  • 6000k (White): 2800 lumens
  • 8000k (Blue tint): 2500 lumens
  • 1000k (Blue): 2300 lumens
  • 12000k (Blue/purple tint): 2000 lumens

Available Custom Colors
  • Blue
  • Pink
  • Purple
  • Purple
  • Green

See less See more
#2 ·
I know I started a little faster than expected, but I also just realized that turkey is coming up right around the corner. I currently have (4) sets of the DRL modules in stock and can get orders out ASAP. We should have another set of DRL modules in by the end of the week. We will keep these coming in as fast as we can get them.

#6 ·
The 50w ballasts are of the larger 4x3x1" design. They're about 30% brighter than the 35w ballasts.

No bull**** answer is, the slim ballasts are ok, but they seem to be more prone to acting up. Which is ironic since they cost more to manufacturer. The larger ballasts have, in our experience, been sturdier and tend to outlast the slim ballasts design, especially on domestics. So we mostly use them on import cars and motorcycles.

And yes, we do have H3C's with the 50w ballasts. We only have H3C's in 6k and 8k though.

The H3C kits are located here.

Check your PM, I sent you a coupon code if you're going to order one.

#20 ·
I gotta say i am impressed with these guys i orderd mine yesterday round 9 am had them in my hands today at 12 really fast shipping, put them in took round 45min total they look amazing accept when the fogs are on deff gunna order those next, if you got fogs open the wallet and order the set its deff worth it..

#26 ·
You have to use the coupon code "TrailVoy08" to take $25 off the list price. It was done like that because a 9006/880 combination isn't specifically a Trailblazer or Envoy combination. We plan to use it for other cars as I get time to setup more car specific categories. Most of those cars will not require the DRL modules.

#28 ·
You use it during the check out process. The first window is the shopping cart, from there you brought to a spot where you fill out your billing/shipping information. Then it brings you to a "coupon/ special notes" page, where you can enter the coupon. After that, it brings you to an invoice page. Once you reach the invoice page, you click on the submit payment button, which brings you to a Paypal login screen.

If you have a Paypal account, you can login normally. If you don't, there's an option to pay by credit card without logging in.

It's not until I just typed all this out that I realized how incredibly long and needlessly complicated that process actually is. So, if it makes it easier, you're more than welcome to call and I can process the order for you :)

-Hanh
832-428-2431

#30 ·
The method that we've verified to work is to use the Plug-and-Play harness with the DRL modules between the ballast and the headlight socket. If you use the relay harness, then you only use one DRL module, and it goes between the relay harness and the headlight socket.

Right now we're cleaned out of the DRL modules, but expect more in by late next week.

#31 ·
The method that we've verified to work is to use the Plug-and-Play harness with the DRL modules between the ballast and the headlight socket. If you use the relay harness, then you only use one DRL module, and it goes between the relay harness and the headlight socket.

Right now we're cleaned out of the DRL modules, but expect more in by late next week.
hanh i placed my order last night with the DRL module; i am guessing that you will just ship the kit together when the DRL module's come in; correct? sure hope to get them by x-mas:woot:

#35 ·
I ordered a couple kits which should arrive Monday. I had others on order but they had them back ordered. My fogs are already done and I am tired of waiting so I got these. Once they are installed (sometime tomorrow) I will snap some pics.

#37 ·
You'll want this page: http://shop.3bspecialties.com/category.sc?categoryId=475

The known working method is to use the PnP harness with the DRL module installed between the headlight socket and the ballasts. In theory the DRL module should also work with a relay harness if used between the headlight socket and the relay.

The DRL modules are an option when ordering the kits. The list price starts ends up at $255, but with the "TrailVoy08" coupon code, it will bring the price to $230 shipped.

-Hanh
www.3bspec.com

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
what do you recomend i should get? i have 05 envoy with DRL. whats the best way to wire them up? with relay? PnP?
i want to get the combo with fogs.

oh sorry didnt read previous posting!lol:duh:

one quick question though. im currently using my stock keyless entry system when i open my truck:undecided it will turn head lights on. with this DRL and kit. what will happen now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.