AC Not cooling…Freon leak - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-08 SS General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:01 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
AC Not cooling…Freon leak

Thinking I was low on freon, I bought a can of 134A and added some freon to my system. My AC was still blowing warm air out. Three weeks ago, I took my SS to the dealership and they charged me $160 to recharge my AC system which included adding freon with a special dye to detect leaks. That worked 2 days then went back to having warm air blowing out. The next week, I took it back to the dealership and they recharged the AC system again and said my freon was low so they added some more. That lasted for about 1 week then the passenger side was blowing cool but not cold air and the driver side was blowing warm air. Then the blower motor died! I had the AC controls on full blast and nothing was coming out! Back to the dealership I go last week where they charged me $260 to replace the blower motor. They added more freon and the mechanic said it was blowing cool but not cold air! Two days later I am back to square one with the thing blowing warm air on both sides of the truck! There is an obvious leak somewhere in the system.

I am at a loss of words right now! I've taken my truck to the dealership 3 times in the last 3 weeks and they can't get this right!

Has anyone experienced anything like this? They claim the dye they used to detect a leak, they cannot locate where the leak is. However on the invoice of my latest dealership visit, they made a note and said its most likely an evaporator leaking inside the case.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 08:26 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
pewter 5.3L V8 2WD
The dealership is violating federal law to add Freon knowing there is a leak. The dye is commonly found in all freon that is added to signal leaks under UV light.

Other than the leak, you apparently have an actuator control that is faulty Henderson, cool air in one side warm in the other.

Don't go back to that dealer find another repair facility, that dealer is clueless and risking a huge fine. The AC system is not that complicated to locate and repair the leak.

Best of luck!
Advertisement

Tags
134a, air condition, blower motor, freon, hvac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.