Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Relocating IAT Sensor, need help with parts

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cgseanp 
#1 ·
So I want to try to relocate my IAT sensor. I would just buy the HSRK from vector but I'm broke and figured I'd try this out. So can someone help me out with parts? This is what I found so far..

https://www.casperselectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=108136&Category_Code= thats the maf/iat breakout harness from the 05-06 GTO. I think its the same for our trucks?

Casper also sells the IAT extension harness. Would I need something like that to put the IAT sensor by the airbox?

And do I need to buy a new sensor or can I use the stock one? I know the stock sensor isnt a quick reactor or whatever, I just want to put it in a cooler location.. assuming this is safe??

I'm at work or else I'd go outside and look at my truck to get a better idea of how this all works.
Thanks!!

#2 ·
You cannot use the factory sensor because it is built into the MAF. Check on ebay, I believe there is a cheaper version of vectors HRSK that comes with the harness and sensor. It has a different sensor that vector so it wont be fast acting but will let you relocate it to a different spot.

#3 ·
thanks, i thought I read somewhere that the sensor was built into the MAF. Ill check out ebay later, cant go there at work. If I were to build my own though, would I Just need the harness I originally posted, and an extension, plus a new sensor?

thanks again

#4 ·
I'm 99% sure that you have the correct breakout harness. I'm guessing that the IAT end would be long enough without an extension if you were going to the duct or maybe even to the end of the filter. Maybe a quick email to the harness supplier would give you an exact length and a suggestion on an IAT sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.