Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

What plug?????

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  KDMOORE 
#1 ·
I have a 03 Tb 4.2 2wd. I cannot seem to find the right plug adaptor for the trailer lights. Never seen one like this and nobody can seem to help me either. Thanks

#3 ·
This is my plug. Sorry for bad pic will have to take another tomorrow. I went to Walmart and lowes showed them the pic and they said that one wouldn't work so I went to oreillys and the worker actually looked at it in person and said that wouldn't work because the poles in my plug do not extend out, they are just little tabs about 1/8" long. Similar to the battery tabs in a rc car.

Attachments

#6 ·
That is more like what I am used to seeing. The plug I showed was plugged into a little round clip that turns to come out. Looked like probably just a holder to keep it from flopping around(much like the pop out trim piece and wiring for the 4wd on 2wd models.) so could this be just that it has the wiring but wasn't installed at the factory(again like the 4wd models)?

#13 ·
Every auto parts, rv or trailer store, even Walmart and Bimart carry a 7 round to 4 flat plug or 7 round to 3 flat plug. If you shop at a walk in store. Should be about 15 bucks. What you posted is good but, at a much higher cost if you have the correct end attached to the vehicle already. If not buy that double plug and be good to go. By the way I have been using 7 pin adapter to a 3 flat or 4 flat for many years weekly or monthy and they work great. Not sure what your problems have been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.