Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

finally got my super swampers

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  rentalcarsuae2 
#1 ·
well after finding smaller sizes of super swampers in 245/75, 265/75, 285/75 all in 16" I found out why most people don't know about them, I talked to a guy at national tire & wheel he told me that these sizes were prototypes to see if there were a demand for them. good news they sold so well that they are going into production not sure if the price will stay the same. I paid a little over $500 for a set of 4 in 245/75r16 shipped to my door, I wanted the 265 but I would have to wait a few months to wait for them to start producting them the prototype run is long gone... I will have to get some pics when I get them installed

here is a pic of what the tires look like off the national tire & wheel website:

See less See more
#5 ·
The IROK is a lot more road friendly then the traditional swamper tire. It is siped so it does well in wet weather too. But it will still be louder then a all terrain or road tire. As long as you don't mind the noise and a little rougher of a ride, you should be happy with them, they are a great tire. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
The IROK's are a soft compound off road tire originally made for rock crawling. They do handle better on the road but they do have major downfalls! I hope the non directionals work better in the sand than the directional IROK's. I run radial 37x12.50's on my Tahoe and the only thing they do in sand is dig straight down to China! They also wear very quickly. I went through a set a year! I only got 12,000 miles out of my first set. I'm on my second set now. They are half worn with only 800 miles this time. A little better but still unhappy. I'm changing them out this summer for BFG's new KM2's. Check out some of the other sites like pirate 4x4 or pavementsucks for more info on the problems others and myself have had with the soft compound tires.

#8 ·
I am not sure if they are the same compound as regular irok might be a little harder because these were design more for stock trucks these tires are so new that they don't even list them on the Interco website.... I was hoping to get about 20,000 out of a set so I will have to wait to see how they hold up

#9 ·
I'm a dealer/installer in my area for 4 wheel parts and the sent me an e-mail on those tires a few months back. They actually are making them in the larger sizes also for the rock crawler people due to everyone wanting to run the front IROKs backwards. They are made from the same compound as every other swamper. The only swamper tires that have a different compound are the super sticky 37" and 42" competition series IROK's. They may last better on a lighter weight vehicle. My Tahoe is very heavy compared to the TB's. I also run a rear locker and rotate my tires every oil change so that wears things down a little quicker.

#10 ·
thanks for the info... they is very little info on these tires, I think they will last a little longer because of the weight I have some factory load E tires off a full size truck on my trail right now and the reviews on these tires say they wear really fast I have close to 15k on them right now and they hardly show any wear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.