Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

True Duals?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  astroracer 
#1 ·
Anyone on here actually run true dual exhaust from stock manifolds / long tube headers, into an H-pipe (or X-pipe), then to two mufflers?

#2 ·
Judging by what I see under my truck, gas tank, transfer case, it would be a real challenge to run two pipes to the rear and fit two mufflers in there, but, if somebody wanted it bad enough it could be done. Just time and money.

#3 ·
hmmm.. it looks do-able. I have a good exhaust guy that does mandrel bending, and used him for two other cars. Some are probably wondering why I would want this, but really, it all comes down to sound preference. I'm thinking 2.25" mandrels, H, maybe Flowmaster or other chambered-type mufflers and duals out to the back.

#5 ·
^^^ AND, they sound better on the LS motors.
Running a "big single" system will get you the same kind of sound and performance without having to jump thru a bunch of hoops. A 3" pipe off the "Y" into a 3" in/Dual 2 1/2" out Magnaflow will work very well and be cheaper and easier to install.
The only way to get duals out the back is to lose the spare tire. I just did a system on my '08 Envoy and stuck with one pipe out the back because I'm not ready to lose the spare tire... 3" in/3" out FloPro and the truck sounds good. It's not obnoxious but I can hear it when I fire it up now. :)
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.