Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Can I disable the factory alarm?

48K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  nwc548 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Trailblazer. I’ve come to hate the factory alarm. Is it possible to disable it?
Yesterday, I locked the car using the passenger door. This morning I used the key to unlock the driver’s door. That must mean I’m trying to steal it because the alarm started going off in my driveway. This is ridiculous. This happened at 5:00 in the morning and I imagine that it irritated my neighbors. Any advice would be appreciated. I guess that I’m old-school since I hate carrying around one of those fobs in my pocket. Thanks!

#6 ·
Wex,
I'm sure you're right. I have gone through all of the fuses and couldn't find anything tied in just to the alarm. I was hoping that I was just blind or stupid and couldn't find it. If anyone has any insight as to how to disable the alarm...I would be eternally greatful. It is the most sensitive alarm I have ever experienced any semi-loud exhaust system that drives by sets it off. It drives ME nuts. So, I can only imagine what it does to my neighbors. Thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
Are you sure this is a factory alarm or aftermarket? I would not think that vibration would set off the content theft alarm as I thought it only involves door and liftgate switches. btw, If you manually lock the door via key, the factory system should not arm

#10 ·
From what you said, extreme vibration is setting it off. The oem alarm didn't have a shock sensor. So if you can arm it, then rock the vehicle and set it off, I would say that it is NOT oem.

The factory alarm was triggered by the door switches I think. There was a way to test it in the manual I believe. It was to roll down the window, exit the vehicle, lock it with the remote. Then reach in and unlock the door and open it, the horn should begin sounding. That was about all the factory alarm would do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.