Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

lights on my door controls are out

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  blica 
#1 ·
The lights for the unlock/lock button and my memory seat button on my driver side door controls do not work. Can someone please tell me how to change them, and what kind of bulbs to buy?
Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
I disassembled my door switch housing and brought a bulb with me to advance auto to try and match it. I couldn’t find the one I needed so I bought the closest one and soldered it to the board. If all of your bulbs don't work then you might have a bad connection with the plug. Kinda odd that all the lights don't work at the same time.

#5 ·
I just replaced both the drivers and passenger side bulbs(3 in total). I brought the bulb to Radioshack and matched it to the best they had. Part # 272-1141. I had to do a little modification to the housing for it to fit back in the switch as well as strip the leads. Im sure there is a better bulb out there but I couldnt find it anywhere.

There is also a write up on here showing how to change the bulbs to LED's. That will show you how to disassemble the switch itself to get to the bulbs.

#6 ·
I found another post about this issue and someone mentioned he repaced his bulbs... I sent him a message and he sent me this link...

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/JKL-Components/DNW1-DW10/?qs=6YhTptf0WO0tHl2zyFckOQ==

I disconnected the unit and brought it inside and the top unclips and comes off.. then more clips gets the next cover off to expose the circuit board and sure enough... 2 bulbs. He mentioned that the bulbs culd be tight to untwist so some force is required. I just placed an order for my bulbs tonight! cant wait to get them,.... hope they fix the problem!!

#12 ·
I have the same problem, but I think in my case it's a wire b/c you can bang on the door with your fist and the lights for the front windows will flicker on and off. The rear window buttons and the entire passenger side are just off though.

#16 ·
ok they must have done the quality check after i talked to them because they shipped them yesterday and i got them today. Installed them and I can see my buttons again!!! These bulbs work great.. a tip when installing them... after you put the bulb through the hole, use a pliers and carefully squeeze and twist them (by the "hooks") counterclockwise to lock them in.:thumbsup: :woohoo:

#22 ·
Ok, so I think I am going to pull the trigger and order LED replacements for my 2004 GMX Envoy XL. I want to make sure I have my order straight, so I thought I'd check with you guys.

I will need:

(4) 3357/3157 in yellow for turn signals/parking light

(2) red for brakelights

(2) red for tail lights

(2) 194's in white for front side markers

Is this correct for the Envoy? Also, for the turn signals will I need to order those "Load resistor" kits, or will the LED turn signals work fine in the Envoy without it?

Dan

#23 ·
door switch light

I just got the bulbs from mouser electronics I put the bulb in and still eleanor light up the next day it was on all the time would not turn off I think it might be the bulb part of the board is no good any ideas would be great I do have a switch on hold at junk yard please help

#24 ·
I just got the bulbs from mouser electronics I put the bulb in and still eleanor light up the next day it was on all the time would not turn off I think it might be the bulb part of the board is no good any ideas would be great I do have a switch on hold at junk yard please help
You're right, the board may have some damage. My passenger door does the same thing. It hasn't caused any problems, so I haven't gotten around to replacing the PDM yet.

#25 ·
Does anyone know why the door light stays on now all the time I just got the bulbs inane they are put them in didn't light up now I noticed the light stays on all the time with no key or lights on could it be the board where the bulb goes is no good now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.