TB vs friends S10 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Racetrack Results

Racetrack Results Discuss kill stories on the track, results, etc.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Forum Advisory
Discussion about any type of illegal street racing is not permitted. TrailVoy.com will not promote the illegal and reckless use of vehicles for street racing. Any posts and/or threads about such illegal activities will be removed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
TB vs friends S10

So tonite me and a friend were hangin out and he wanted to see what the TB has so I went for it.

He has a 99' S10 extended cab, 2wd, 5 speed, v6 with some exhaust work done, nothing to crazy

I just have a intake on mine and some tranny work, I don't have any kind of tune yet, we didn't do anything crazy just some quick highway runs 45ish to 90 or so

I was thinking in my head that my truck has almost 100 more hp then his does, it wouldnt even be a competiton

So we both get on it and I don't pull whatsoever on him and he's actually keeping his distance so im like WTFs going on

then once I got up into the higher RPMs I started walking him with no issues but I was so suprised of how he held his own down low, these trucks really have no low end whatsoever and his s10 feels really torquey and has sac down low

Just a competely different animal but I had to whind the thing out to start pulling on him I was suprised at his low and midrange for something with supposidly 100 less hp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
Without a tune, GM torque "management" is strangling you to make sure you don't do anything like spin the tires to stress the driveline and cost them warranty $$.

A tune will unlock the performance you rightfully paid for.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Navy Blue Other 2WD
......and as well if you press that button(hold for 5 seconds until it stops blinking and stays on) underneath the shifter you'll be able to turn off the overdrive....also put it in 3rd gear and you'll be good to go!!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky81 View Post
......and as well if you press that button(hold for 5 seconds until it stops blinking and stays on) underneath the shifter you'll be able to turn off the overdrive....also put it in 3rd gear and you'll be good to go!!
I have a 2002 with no form of traction control whatsoever so theres no TC button anyway, plus i was already going 45 and im not a twin turbo SS so im not spinnin the tires at that speed anyway lol

As far as 3 goes, i actually had it in 2 because that was the sweet spot for that speed and i started off in the bottom / midish of 2 and ended somewere in third

The fact that he had a 5 speed stick also helped things on his side im sure, he can chirp gears with ease
Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Navy Blue Other 2WD
okay my bad.....lol.....I assumed that all the TB's and Voys had that as a standard option....when I turn off the overdrive and traction control it seems to pick up more......and in 3rd gear as well.....its just amazing how much our rides weigh.....me and the voy have to go on a diet....LOL
Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 AM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Interesting competition Joe92T. I agree about the torque between the two engines.

From what i remember, in the 4.3 V6's, the torque peaks at close/bit below the 4.2 I6 (~250 ft lb @ 3200) but the 4.3 peaks at a lower RPM (~250 ft lb @ 2800 rpm) so that always helps off the line.

I had a 91 Safari van with a 4.3 and I loved the jump it had off the line but it had nothing once in 2nd gear. It seems like the Safari had more "jump" than my Envoy now.

I don't remember the exact numbers but i'm sure some here would know.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:18 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
my first post here, ive had my 05 tb inline 6 for about a week now, i love it.

for one the, 5 speed s10s, are peppy little bastards compared to the autos.

i literally just came from owning s10s. lol, s10s are Slugggssss on the top end, the best i could get mine down to on the 1/4 was 16.6 at 87mph...so lame. the TB already has much more "seat dyno" speed lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
A friend of mine owns my old truck and another friend had a 05 4.3 2wd 2dr blazer. They took em to the track. TB ran 16.9@82. The blazer ran it in 16.55@81. S10's are great trucks. I used to own a Typhoon and it was decent the one time it ran down my block...lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
The 4.3 S-10s are crazy fast from the factory for a truck. I had a 98 x-cab 5 speed mostly stock cold air,small cam,vortec supercharger 9psi, a bigger tb and port polished heads and ran 13.50s without spray most of the time. Some of the 4.3 x-cabs came with 3.73 gears in the rear with a limited slip as well. Out the hole there crazy but they stop pulling at the top of 2nd. Ive had my tb for about a month now and i see no way a 4.2 tb will get a 4.3 s-10 out the hole up to 50 or 60ish.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:35 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Carbon Black Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-C View Post
my first post here, ive had my 05 tb inline 6 for about a week now, i love it.

for one the, 5 speed s10s, are peppy little bastards compared to the autos.

i literally just came from owning s10s. lol, s10s are Slugggssss on the top end, the best i could get mine down to on the 1/4 was 16.6 at 87mph...so lame. the TB already has much more "seat dyno" speed lol.
My best time in a almost stock Blazer was 15.88. K&N, 2.5" mandrel bent Dynomax catback and no cat. In a 4 door Blazer. With 250k miles. Lol.

My truck pulls a lot harder than any stock truck I've been in. They feel mushy, for lack of a better word. No balls. My truck jumps when I hit the gas. Those just kinda went... Blah!

Haven't run either of the 05's yet. But I expect that they'll be much, much slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.