Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Front Bumper Is Loose. Sides Came Off The Support. Easy Fix?

37K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  mayoaaron 
#1 ·
Recently my bumper became unglued. I used the very high-strength plastic glue from Autozone and it lasted for a few months but came off again.

What is the best way to reattach the bumper to the support?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I had a kick plate crack and used Permatex Plastic Tank Repair Kit ,worked great ,It has a fiberglass mesh with it,been on for 2 years and hasn't cracked. You could try construction grade liquid nails if there is big enough area to glue.. Make sure you clean it well.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...r-Kit-Permatex_7160100-P_N3461_T|GRP2050_____

Not sure if thats the one with the mesh .but I think it is.

#9 ·
Had the same problem on my 2008 Trailblazer LT. Did some VERY mild off-roading and the clip snapped and the bumper cover sprung out about an inch. I'm gonna give the Permatex a try. BTW- I also had my engine manifold crack at 50K miles. Paid $500 to have it replaced then found out Chevy will cover it for 10 Years or 120K miles for any owner. They certainly don't build em for 4 wheeling like they used to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.