Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Keys stuck in ignition!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  joey bonezz 
#1 ·
Battery was dead in my '05 Envoy SLE (I just got an '07 Avalanche LTE so my Envoy is just sitting in driveway).

Had to use my key to open door as remote wouldn't work due to battery completely dead.

Was about to pop the hood when realized my battery charger was over at my brothers. Went to take the keys out of the ignition and they absolutely REFUSE to come out.

Has this happened to anyone on here? Suggestions??? :confused:

#4 ·
This happen to me last night, dead battery and key didn't want to come out, so I had to wiggle it for about a min then it came out. But I tried it again to see if it was a fluke, did the same thing with the dead battery. So I wiggled it again for a min, came out. Yes my battery is dead, buying a new one this am; using the wife's van to get it...

#7 ·
Thanks SOOOO much everyone! :hail:

Wow, glad to hear that it wasn't just me :p

What a silly setup! It must use some sort of electronic gizmo that releases the key. Not very good if you go to start your car at night in the winter, and have to abandon your car with the key stuck in it!

I put a trickle-charger on my battery and my key came out. HMPH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.