Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Oil Life Change Indicator

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 ·
Got a problem and need some help!!! Shame on me but I've been neglecting my baby (TB) and was a couple of months overdue on my oil change, my Oil Life indicator was showing 23%. So I go through the whole Jiffy Lube ordeal and get a oil change but after, noticed my Oil Life indicator is still at 23%. Normally it increases to 100% after the oil change, whats the problem? Need advice....thanks!!!

#4 ·
same thing happened to me. if you dont have DIC you can manually reset it. this is what i did.

just turn the key to on position(not start) then step on the gas pedal 3x. turn to off then when you start it its back to 100%.
in addition to the above mentioned steps ...when you hit the pedal 3 X it needs to be inside a span of 5 seconds and you must let the oil light flash and stop flashing before turning the key to off then after that you can fire it up and should be reset...

#5 ·
if you were at 23% and had your oil changed- I dont consider that oil change overdue. Oil still had life left in it.
If you had the oil changed in the last 300-500 miles or so- simply reset it and forget about it. and if you want change the oil next time the oil light comes on.
but all is fine if it was at 23%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.