bank 1 sensor 1 -- O2 sensor issue - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-08 SS General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:51 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
bank 1 sensor 1 -- O2 sensor issue

Need some advice on a weird issue. I get a code for bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor, also get a code for mass or volume air flow circuit low input. My instinct tells me they are related. On a cold start the engine runs smooth but once the ecu starts reading from the O2, the engine starts to shake almost like a misfire.

I've replaced the sensor and checked both fuses in the fuse box for the O2 heaters. I replaced the maf sensor and the throttle body. At this point I'm lost on what else to try other than removing the trans to trace the wires.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2016, 01:42 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Usually a "code for the O2 sensors" does not mean that the sensors are bad. The sensors are simply reporting that a condition outside the parameters of the sensor is detected.

If the sensor is seeing a lean condition for an extended length of time, the PCM will set a code for the sensor out of range, or a similar message. This could be caused by a clogged fuel filter, a weak fuel pump (as I've seen many times, or a contaminated MAF.

I normally disconnect the MAF and then run the engine. If the MAF is contaminated it will falsely detect less air flow than is really going into the engine. Less air means teh PCM cuts back on the fuel. This causes a lean condition setting off CEL for an O2 that is out of range, and usually later another CEL for the MAF out of range. The low voltage is simply another way of saying out of range.

If running the engine with the MAF disconnected improves the running, and a CEL for a lean condition does not return (after clearing the codes before restart) the MAF is the cause of the problem. I've had about a 50/50 success rate with cleaning contaminated MAFs. If you are running an oiled air filter I'd change to a non-oil long life filter.

Did you replace the MAF with a used or new one?

Another thing, if the CAT is clogged it will result in less air flow through the engine resulting in a CEL for low flow through the MAF. A lower flow through the MAF causes a lean condition which also can cause the O2s to report a lean condition. Easy to confirm a clogged CAT. Remove the O2 ahead of the CAT, just unscrew it and tie it up put of the way. Drive it, it will be noisy, but it will now drive smooth and have power. Usually with a clogged CAT, the RPM will top out like it has a governor, usually around 2500-3000 RPM, it will fall flat on its face.

Some things to check.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:46 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Yes, I replace both the MAF and the Throttle Body with new ones. Same result.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:55 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Well I'd unplug the MAF and drive it. If it drives the same, you know for sure the MAF is fine, I've seen bad ones, and then you can move to other things.

How about PRM, does it still move out strong, in spite of the misfire, or does it fall on its face? If so I'd check out the CAT.

BTW, are you using an oiled air filter?
Old 12-31-2016, 11:47 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
p0030 powertrain (HO2S Heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1)
p0102 Powertrain (mass or volume air flow circuit low input)

and a weird code for the body B2AAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.