Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

clear coat my TB?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DrumMedic965 
#1 ·
After driving a few hundred yards behind some jackass pulling a dump truck full of gravel my mind started grinding to find a solution to these careless road (but more importantly TB) hazards... I thought what if I clear coat my hood and front fenders... anyone have any ideas on what the down side would be. Assuming I do it right of course.. your thought appreciated.

#3 ·
actually I was thinking of even doing it myself. I have access to a garage with a paint stall. I need only get the paint and the sprayer and prep materials. Could really provide some great protection right where you need it. I can imagine that even MAACO could do a clear coat job well.

#8 ·
3M has some neat products, they also have the clear film door edge guard. I still do like the idea of painting the whole hood with a good clear paint though, Ill check out a 3M dealer to see the product before I make a decision.

#11 ·
why wouldnt more clear coat be an advantage?... I suspect there should be as much variety and grades of clear coat as there are of paint itself.... from my perspective it is better to have the gravel chip the added clear coat than to chip the very color coat or primer.. in this case more is better.

regarding the armorcoat, it looks like a good product but it is only available in very select markets, not purchasable for application by owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.