Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Oil pressure drop!

39K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  Scej79 
#1 ·
hey so i was driving down the road acouple of days ago engine light came on then a few mins latter the gaure light came on and the oil gauge was on zero i pulled over checked the oil made sure i wasnt leaking any fluid witch both where good! so i went over to autozone and checked it it said it was the oil pressor sensor but they didnt have one for it. is that something i can change? or would i be better of taking it to the shop?

any help would be great

thanks mike

#32 ·
Need Help with same problem

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a 02 TB 4.2 132k Regular oil changes. I replaced the sending unit last night but I'm still having the same problem. It only happens once the engine is warm. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

#33 ·
I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a 02 TB 4.2 132k Regular oil changes. I replaced the sending unit last night but I'm still having the same problem. It only happens once the engine is warm. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever cleaned the throttle body?

If not, follow the roadies instructions in the post above yours.

#34 ·
Oil Pressure Sending Unit / Switch / Sensor

OK, this might be a stupid question but can you change the Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch/Sensor (whatever name is goes by) on the I6 without first draining the oil? The sending unit/switch/sensor is located right next to the oil filter so it would seem that if you unscrew it oil will come out the hole. If anyone has knowledge please let me know - I'd surely appreciate it.

#36 ·
I had the same problem with mine. It wasn't the oil pressure sensor, because I replaced it myself. Took it to the dealer and they had to remove the intake manifold and clean or replace some screen or filter just under the oil pressure sensor. Cost me almost $700. I wish I would have done it myself. I know I could have.*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.