Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Headlight question to the pros out there......(NOOB)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ej_bennallie 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT and I have a question about headlights and the wiring harnesses's capacity.
I now have Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in my truck. To be honest...they're not bright enough!! I pass those little rice burner Fast and Furious type cars and their headlights seem to be waaay brighter than mine!!
What brand name headlight can I use to get maximum brightness without exceeding the capacity and frying my wiring harness?
I do not care about the possibility of ticketing....I want to be able to see!!
I already have 800 series bulbs in my fog lights and they're 50 or so watts a piece.....can I go brighter on these??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

See less See more
#2 ·
You would be better off asking in the "exterior" forum, this is more about mobile electronics.

You can look into replacing them with HID Headlight bulbs, they're pretty easy to install (the only difference is you have to run them through a ballast). They come in different shades, or temperatures, ranging from 3000k(yellow) to 10000k(blue) and beyond (purple)- order the 5000k temperature HID's for pure white light and it won't look ricey at all, it will be similar to the headlights on the newer SUVs and cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.