Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

reset oil life monitor on a 2002 trailblazer

26K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Diablo03 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time using any communication site.
I have changed my oil but can not reset the oil life monitor.
Please Help.

#3 ·
#7 ·
we have learned that some Trailvoys will not reset by the foot method after many many many tries... some people can never get it to reset.
It is supposed to flash once reset--- but some dont...
Like mine-- I would try 10-20 times and it would not reset.
Mine has never flashed after reset either....

try this.
follow the procedure....
when you do the 3 footsteps--- do them in the 5 seconds- but do them a little slower... as in push and release slower.
once you do that - dont do anything to the vehicle- leave it as is for maybe 2 minutes...
then turn off key- restart.. and it should be done...

In the time I owned my TB from mile 0 to about 133,000 miles- I had to try the foot method- many many times- 10-20-30 times... sometimes it would not reset... Eventually from trying so many times I resorted to trying door open, door closed, headlights on, off, radio on, off.... all sorts of combinations.. but no go..
until the last time I change the oil...
where I did the 3 footsteps- and then waited a few min... and not removing the key or anything--- I think I unloaded stuff from the back-
when I tried turning off and on again- the light had finally reset on the 1st attemp no more trying over and over....:woohoo:
so try that... I feel your pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.