Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
64K views 71 replies 40 participants last post by  Lizard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Tools used:
Flathead screwdriver
Mini pick
Pliers (ok I used wire strippers but needle nose pliers or ***** should be used)
1/4" ratchet, extension, 10mm socket
Swivel spark plug socket, locking extension, extension
Big 3/8" ratchet, stubby 3/8" ratchet

Procedure: A more detailed step by step can be found here.:D
Remove intake box
Reposition wire harness
Remove coils
Remove plugs
Coat tips of plug threads and coil bolt threads with anti seize
Install plugs
Install coils
Reposition wire harness
Install intake box

Note: the wire harness cover does not have to be removed, I removed it to show a good view of the clips.

Note 2: I didn't show the small vac line get disconnected prior to removing the intake box. It does have to come off.:)

See less See more
#11 ·
A,
Very nice! Really good quality video. Great instructions. The last 10 seconds was TMI for me. :thumbsup: Awesome.

MAY03LT [B said:
As far as this comment goes :iagree:, whoever did this was a genius. It definitely didn't look like when the other guy wrote it up that it was his FIRST TIME EVER in changing sparks plugs. :crackup::rotfl::excited:

#16 ·
The video was not removed after he left. Andrew is having some issues with photobucket closing his account due to him having too much stored there. We would not remove any info from members who are no longer here, especially some one like Andrew who added a lot of good information.:tiphat

#19 ·
Got 'er done! Also cleaned the TB all in about 1.5 hours. Was actually much easier than my 2.2L 4cyl S10. That one under the firewall wasn't too bad at all. I actually had more of an issue with the front one under the wiring harness.

#21 ·
Additions......no not really. The photos are great. I would add di-electric grease to each one of the boots/plugs as a safety measure. I used a short 3/8 " drive 10 mm socket and craftsman driver (low profile) to get the back coil loosened. Then used 3/8 drive the plug socket, a 3" extension, 3/8 to 1/2 conversion and a 1/2 in driver to get that rear plug out. Very easy, just take your time and don't over do it. Thanks Mubai

#24 ·
Video was good quality entertainment and educational. Look at my tutorial, it was the first one I ever wrote on a forum, so a lot of other guys chipped in with their techniques. It was also the first time I ever changed spark plugs too.

#25 ·
At 100,000 you need to change differential fluids, transfer case fluid, transmission filter and fluid, and remove and clean the throttlebody, change air filter, engine oil and filter, you must keep these babies well maintained if you expect them to last and they will! There are how-to write-ups on all this in articles section or search section. Good Luck!

#26 ·
Great how to video

I replaced my plugs after watching! Good job. I had to recheck afterward because I did not tighten the plugs enough. Looking at the video, you stressed over tightening so I was a little too careful. I saw some oil outside of the block around one of the plugs. I tightened and all is well. Saved me big bucks! Thanks.

Smooth:woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.