Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

lifting

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TheVoy 
#1 ·
alright y'all here's my question...I bought a 2002 olds bravada, and i was wordering lift wise what i could do with it, my buddy is a mechanic and said that i could buy a lift for a trailblazer/envoy? is this true? i mean i know the older olds had the exact same parts as the blazer, and im just curious, i found a lift on BDS suspension for the trailblazer, would it work?

#2 ·
Lifting your olds

Hello, I have a 2002 Envoy which I lifted myself. I have seen people with the Saab 9-7x using the same lift as a TB and Envoy so that shouldnt be a problem for your Olds.

There are not a whole lot of options as fas as lifting a GMT-360 platform. From the knowledge I have gained at this site, the most you can lift your suspension is about 3 inches. There are also body lifts available, but I have noticed that the frame sits a little lower then the body, and a body lift would only make that difference greater and more noticible.

I went with a 3 Inch front, 2 inch rear suspension spacer kit. AKA Lift kit, AKA Leveling Kit, or whatever you want to call it. It bolted directly to the top of the front strut assembly and seated on top of the spring in the rear. The difference is astonishing and with my new clearance, along with 1.5in wheel spacers, I was able to put 32.5in tires. It sits about 5 inches higher then it did stock, and it still rides great.

Others use rear springs out of a Z71 Tahoe instead of spacers, and from pics they also look awesome. I have even seen others using springs out of a Toyota pick up but unless your in the mood to fabricate them so they seat properly, I do not recomend it.

Hope this helps, PLEASE post pics regarding your progress, I dont thnk I have ever seen a lifted Oldsmobile brefore :)

#4 ·
By lifting your TB 3 inches, you have messed with the center of gravity, so it is not going to handle the same. These are pretty top heavy vehicles to begin with. Why do you think sports cars sit soooo low?
The only way to increase stabibility is to get wheel spacers and wider tires to try to balance it out a little better by having a wider track. I have done both to my lifted Envoy, and its better, but its always gonna roll more then stock.

#5 ·
Ok, I always had sports cars and I always lowered it, but is my first time with a truck and first time lifted, I drove it for two days already and ia not to bad after all, but I will do that buu spacers and wider tires, do you thing if I change the shocks will help to or it will be the same?

#7 ·
Technically, if you go with a heavy duty shock made for a truck you should have improved stability and cornering ability but I cant say that the difference will be that noticible, ONLY because your shocks are brand new. If they were worn out, different story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.