Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

New Problems, Common or no?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MidwestSpecial 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Today I brought the TB into the dealership to have them look at a number of things. Turns out I have a bad Alternator and Idler pulley as well as needing an entire new front differential system which is 13hrs. of labor. Thankfully, my GM Certified Used warranty extends until 39,000miles and I have 37,300 so I am covered. I also just got my vehicle back for a PCM restart. Are these common problems? This is upsetting because my vehicle is just starting to have all these problems right when the warranty is about to expire. Does anyone know about how much it costs to get the warranty extended to 100,000 ? Thanks.

#2 ·
Hey everyone. Today I brought the TB into the dealership to have them look at a number of things. Turns out I have a bad Alternator and Idler pulley as well as needing an entire new front differential system which is 13hrs. of labor. Thankfully, my GM Certified Used warranty extends until 39,000miles and I have 37,300 so I am covered. I also just got my vehicle back for a PCM restart. Are these common problems? This is upsetting because my vehicle is just starting to have all these problems right when the warranty is about to expire. Does anyone know about how much it costs to get the warranty extended to 100,000 ? Thanks.
well when I got my TB used with 22K miles the extended warranty was about 2500 dollars 0 Deductible as far as I know..

#3 ·
wow- the alternator is an odd one...
I dont think Ive seen too many post on people replacing alternators.....
Im at 107,000 + and still on the OEM alternator... knock on wood.

#4 ·
The cost of the warranty would depend on several things ... which company you buy it from; how many years you want to go with that 100,000 miles; how much you want to protect; how big of a deductible you want; etc, etc. Probably the only way you'd be able to find that out for sure is to go talk to the stealership, or call up a warranty company to see what they can offer.

#7 ·
It was leaking fluid that was visible just by just getting on your hands and knees and peaking under there.

So far I have had my Alternator, Idler pulley and front differential seals replaced in the last week. My warranty has 1,200 miles left on it and the whining noise just returned a few days ago. My friend who is a mastertech at another dealership told me my power steering pump was failing too. My rotors also need to be turned badly, which is being done next weekend. This is rediculous. I have been in contact with the same rep. at Chevy over the phone about this and I will be calling tommorow morning first thing and asking politely for a warranty extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.